psi or bars?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mdutra

New
Reaction score
I just bought a Suunto Vytec. I have not decided if I want it as a wrist computer or a console computer. Since the Viper can do either I assumed the Vytec could as well.

I was planning on getting an analog pressure gauge as backup. To make sure I would have the option to add the Vytec to the console I was planning to get the Suunto pressure/compass gauge. The problem is that the Suunto analog pressure gauges are in bars while I am only used to psi. I know the conversion but I don't know if I really want to have to convert it every time I look at it (which, hopefully, will only be once or twice a dive since that is why I got the Vytec :) )

Any thoughts or recommendations?

Suunto comes in both bars and psi, I have an analog suunto in psi and just purchased it 4 weeks ago from my LDS.

Putting the computer into a console when you already have it wrist-mounted would be a step backwards. As nice as it would be if the US went metric, you should stick to PSI if that's what you know, and it will be what 99% of the other divers you dive with in the US will be used to.

Suunto gauges do come in imperial - have a look at the SeaQuest website. You've probably been looking at SimplyScuba or DiveInn which are in metric-land.

OMS makes one that is PSI and BAR (or just PSI) and Scubapro makes a nice one too I believe...

Back
Top Bottom