PSD Call Out Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HiterSixOne

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
As a newish PSD with my LE agency I thought I'd touch base with other PSD's who have set up a call out bag. This presumes that your dive truck or equipment trailer contains the basics (suits, masks, umbilical, ponies, gloves). What do you pack in your call out bag that you grab before reporting to the scene? If it is something not self explanatory please explain why. Thanks and dive safe.

I keep two bags. One with a change of clothes, towels, and small save a dive kit (you never know). I keep a second bag with a full setup including BPW, FFM, Pony, harness, and other needed dive accessories. Currently our team has setups for 3 divers, if we we need to expand the operation or start a second search team (primary, back up, and 90%) I can get that going. Most of the other team members have a similar set up.

Just bring a full set of gear like you would to any other dive. As most units are geared more towards recovery instead of rescue, put on your uniform, grab your gear and go 10-8. Don’t take for granted that your dive van/trailer will always be available. You should bring enough gear so that you can still perform the recovery if the van does not make it to the dive location.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom