Protecting my housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I kep my WP-DC50 cracked open in a tupperware box with a bag of dessicant to keep humidity / residual moisture from settling in. Took the functional-but-el-cheapo humidity gauge from my first cigar humidor and stuck it to the lid - works good for me. Total cost about $5.

Love the jeweled CD case idea for the O-ring - fixing to get on that tonight!

pinstripe1:
Just got the WP-DC30 housing for my Canon A85. Took it to the pool over the weekend for testing. The thing is, in fact, waterproof and I got some great pix of my daughter.

What I'm wondering is how to protect the housing, especially when shlepping it in a gear bag. Seems to me that a scratch on the lens window would pretty much make the housing useless. Neither the Canon site nor any other photography store have any info on carrying cases large enough to hold the housing.

What do you use?

Thanks,

-- Michael

Hey Michael,

I'm waiting on the exact setup you are using. Can you give me any pointers on the cam and housing? How do you like it? How is it in low light? I heard that was its ONLY drawback.

cheers,!

Jeff

WannaLaguna:
Hey Michael,

I'm waiting on the exact setup you are using. Can you give me any pointers on the cam and housing? How do you like it? How is it in low light? I heard that was its ONLY drawback.

cheers,!

Jeff

Hey Jeff,

So far I have only used the rig at the pool, where it functioned just fine. Obviously I'm not willing to draw any conclusions from that. It may well be fall before I go under water for real again -- I'll try to remember to let you know how it goes.

-- Michael

pinstripe1:
Hey Jeff,

So far I have only used the rig at the pool, where it functioned just fine. Obviously I'm not willing to draw any conclusions from that. It may well be fall before I go under water for real again -- I'll try to remember to let you know how it goes.

-- Michael

Cool thanks! I'll let you know my findings on mine. I should be in the water with it in the next 2-3 weeks.

I'll keep you posted.

cheers,

Jeff.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom