Protect wetsuits while they're in closet--how?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Upwelling

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I've been hanging my two wetsuits in a closet (except when I'm diving of course) for a couple years. I'm wondering if I should be putting them in a garment bag or some other kind of protective bag? Do people do that? It would be nice to have the closet smelling less like neoprene.
Also my apartment gets very dry in the winter--will the dryness damage the wetsuits over the long term?

As long as they get frequent use you should be OK. Make sure there are no electric motors or other ozone sources (some air purifiers?) nearby. Be sure the hangers are broad so as not to crush the shoulder material.

For long term storage laying them out flat between protective cardboard, wraping and storing flat under the bed is popular.

As fore the smell, as long as the suits don't have the funk enjoy the memories. :) Scent is the strongest memory trigger.

Pete

Back
Top Bottom