Protec Dive Center Patrick Widmann

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

opie712

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So it turns out that our family vacation got switched from october to july to playa where i originally had planned on taking a sidemount coarse with Steve Martin which he will be in gozo durning july. So my research has led me to protec. Has anyone took q course with patrick I'm wanting the stealth system so I want someone familiar with it to teach me so if anyone has any insite to the facility or patrick himself info would be a big help. Not dead set on patrick as an instructor but wqnt high caliber training don't mind to pay for it cause in my world its you get what you pay for

Patrick is an not only a great guy but also an excellent instructor. He is demanding and will get the best out of you. As for the Stealth, considering he is the guy who invented it you would be hard pressed to find a more qualified person to teach you using it and simply having him help you set it up is invaluable. Protec is great shop and all their guides and instructors and really good and very familiar with the Stealth. If you have any questions feel free to PM me and I'd be happy to answer them.

That's the exact info I was hoping for

I actually wrote an article about a course with him for the NSS-CDS journal, I can't remember which issue it is but I will try and dig it up for you later.

If you get a chance to get Patrick as your instructor, take it! You are going "direct to source". He designed the Stealth. He's part of a group of very active cave explorers in "sidemount only" caves, so they are constantly refining techniques. You'll probably see a Nat Geo layout on them soon about the exploration they did in Africa. Very good instructor, especially if your looking for detailed instruction.

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I haven't taken any classes with Patrick(most of mine were with Nando, who has since moved on to law school), but I've heard nothing but good things about him, and have had nothing but good experiences with Protec. I've been really happy with the Stealth system too.

Back
Top Bottom