Pros / Cons of TDI/SDI Tank VIP Course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nope, just ALS.........

So, could do all my steels and VIS my ALS and have them eddied but I’m ok with $25 a tank.....

My class was paid back the first year of self completed visuals. My tools were basically covered the second year, and now my visual cost is basically the cost of the sticker, paper to print my inspection record log, and ink for the printer. At worst, maybe $1.50 - $2.00 a tank....

My class was paid back the first year of self completed visuals. My tools were basically covered the second year, and now my visual cost is basically the cost of the sticker, paper to print my inspection record log, and ink for the printer. At worst, maybe $1.50 - $2.00 a tank....
That's interesting. I have about 16 tanks. But I only have about 8 current.

What's the estimated total cost of all the tools required for VIP?

Tools more expensive in my case:Gauge GO/NO GO for tank threads and valve. ( my tank is metric M25, here basicaly only S80 tanks with imperial threads...)

One of the reasons my LDS doesn’t recognize a “self” is that they require all their tanks to be Eddie current tested and very few individuals can afford one.
Yeah all my tanks are steel except for three pretty new pony bottles, I avoid the Eddie as for that I do not have the equipment.

I did the PSI course years ago and decided to go with SDI next year because it is around $600 cheaper than the PCI to recert.
??? Since the PSI recert is anywhere from $195 to $275 (depending on instructor/location) how can SDI be $600 cheaper?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom