Pros and Cons of wearing gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wearing gloves:
Scubaboard members who don't wear gloves will tell you that you're doing it wrong.

Not wearing gloves:
Scubaboard members who wear gloves will tell you that you're doing it wrong.

Wearing gloves:
Scubaboard members who don't wear gloves will tell you that you're doing it wrong.

Not wearing gloves:

:rofl3:

And don't even begin to mention snorkel vs no snorkel ..... :wink:

Best wishes.

As long as you are not in a marine park that prohibits your wearing gloves, then wear them! It does not matter how warm the water is, I wear them if I can, unless I am shooting pictures and need the flexibility. If you have ever dove a wreck with a current and had to hold an anchor line covered with barnacles, you will be glad you had them on.

Wearing gloves:

Not wearing gloves:

:shocked: Welcome to the wonderful world of internet forums:rofl3:

I have yet to dive in warm water, so I can't say if I will wear gloves there or not. Chances are I will wear some sort of lightweight gloves (Mechanix gloves or something like that). I'm used to wearing gloves while working and while riding motorcycles. The gloves don't affect or impair my hand functions much or even at all.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom