Props to Deep6 (specifically Bert)!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BalekFekete

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I wanted to share a quick story of my latest interaction with the Deep6 crew. My wife, daughter, and I were due to finally head down to Key Largo for some diving last week. This was to be my daughters first dives after certification, so we were all very excited needless to say. It had been almost a year since she finished her check-outs, so the week prior we crashed a friends pool with a few rented tanks to shake off the rust. It also let me test out a new BP/W I had bought in the interim as well.

At that pool session Friday afternoon, as I hook up my regs, I get a slow hiss from the first stage, starting very soft and then slowly growing in intensitiy. My heart sinks as we're supposed to leave in a week and I really didn't want to rent. Important to note that they were closing in on their service window, so it shouldn't have been unexpected that some internal part could give way.

So I pack them up and send them out Saturday morning for a Tuesday delivery.

First 'above and beyond' for Bert came when the delivery didn't make it to him on Tuesday. Seems their mailperson doesn't like to wait for someone to come to the door at the warehouse, and just does a 'failed delivery' almost instantaneously. Well, Bert woke up early on Wednesday and picked the package up personally at the post office!

Then, and as equally 'above and beyond', he hustled over early to the shop and serviced the regs in record time...not the two to three days noted on the website (which is totally reasonable IMO), but in two to three hours. Then he turns around and mails them out directly to the dive resort for me with the regs even beating me there.

The regs are really well made and breath great every time I've used them. But this was a clear demonstration on why I picked Deep6 for my wife's and my gear. The team cares about the customer, plain and simple. Communication was constant, and always pleasant and understanding of my personal mini crisis. So *tip the hat* to @cerich, @LandonL, and especially Bert!

I wanted to share a quick story of my latest interaction with the Deep6 crew. My wife, daughter, and I were due to finally head down to Key Largo for some diving last week. This was to be my daughters first dives after certification, so we were all very excited needless to say. It had been almost a year since she finished her check-outs, so the week prior we crashed a friends pool with a few rented tanks to shake off the rust. It also let me test out a new BP/W I had bought in the interim as well.

At that pool session Friday afternoon, as I hook up my regs, I get a slow hiss from the first stage, starting very soft and then slowly growing in intensitiy. My heart sinks as we're supposed to leave in a week and I really didn't want to rent. Important to note that they were closing in on their service window, so it shouldn't have been unexpected that some internal part could give way.

So I pack them up and send them out Saturday morning for a Tuesday delivery.

First 'above and beyond' for Bert came when the delivery didn't make it to him on Tuesday. Seems their mailperson doesn't like to wait for someone to come to the door at the warehouse, and just does a 'failed delivery' almost instantaneously. Well, Bert woke up early on Wednesday and picked the package up personally at the post office!

Then, and as equally 'above and beyond', he hustled over early to the shop and serviced the regs in record time...not the two to three days noted on the website (which is totally reasonable IMO), but in two to three hours. Then he turns around and mails them out directly to the dive resort for me with the regs even beating me there.

The regs are really well made and breath great every time I've used them. But this was a clear demonstration on why I picked Deep6 for my wife's and my gear. The team cares about the customer, plain and simple. Communication was constant, and always pleasant and understanding of my personal mini crisis. So *tip the hat* to @cerich, @LandonL, and especially Bert!
Bert rocks.

Seems their mailperson doesn't like to wait for someone to come to the door at the warehouse, and just does a 'failed delivery' almost instantaneously. Well, Bert woke up early on Wednesday and picked the package up personally at the post office!

I have the same problem at my house. The only reliable solution is to avoid US Mail. FedUP, Under Paid Slaves, Drivers Hopelessly Lost.. any of those will do.

I have the same problem at my house. The only reliable solution is to avoid US Mail. FedUP, Under Paid Slaves, Drivers Hopelessly Lost.. any of those will do.

Actually "Under Paid Slaves" is actually OOPS "we either dropped it or lost it, but we don't know now, you can file your refund request in 6 weeks and you'll get a response within 3 months".

Michael

Back
Top Bottom