ProPlus2 Advice Questions???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

~Scuba_Steve~

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I need a little advice I am thinking about purchasing the Propluss2 as my next dive compute,r in the fall. My dive partner just purchased his and loves it... I also like the features. I was doing some searches on the boards, and I noticed that some people are having issues with theirs locking up??? How many of yall out there have experienced this and were there any other issues that I should be aware of? Thanks for you time.

My wife and I both dive with PP2s. Mine locked up after the first dive, hers after the tenth. Both computers were replaced by Oceanic under warranty, no questions asked and no hassles either. The computers have been problem free ever since and we love them. Don't know if we just happened to get two from a bad manufacturing batch (very close serial numbers) or what, but the replacements have been great.

I have the original Pro Plus and two of my buddies have the PP 2. Neither of them have had a lock up. That said, there are some settings you want to change. Out of the box, the PP 2 has all of the audible alarms enabled. It gets seriously annoying. You're going to want to turn most of them off.

The other setting is the one that resets your Nitrox to 50% after every dive. Some kind of silly safety thing but it'll just mess you up when you forget to change it back.

Outside of that, it's a great computer. Big, easy to read display, Nitrogen load and O2 Exposure graphs right on the sides, air integration....

-Charles

My son and I both have the PP2 and we love it. Neither of us has experienced any problems. In fact I'm about to buy my younger son equipment and will probably get another one.

I have the original Pro Plus and two of my buddies have the PP 2. Neither of them have had a lock up. That said, there are some settings you want to change. Out of the box, the PP 2 has all of the audible alarms enabled. It gets seriously annoying. You're going to want to turn most of them off.

The other setting is the one that resets your Nitrox to 50% after every dive. Some kind of silly safety thing but it'll just mess you up when you forget to change it back.

Outside of that, it's a great computer. Big, easy to read display, Nitrogen load and O2 Exposure graphs right on the sides, air integration....

-Charles
\\

Yeh my buddy has this on his....The 50% thing I would definatly turn that off, I check my tanks with a o2 sensor and readjust anyway for the right level. I have read some bad things about it so I am a bit leary, but honestly I think I could read some bad things about almost everything on here, lol. I do have anpother puter as a backup so if it did go bleep up on me I would have a backup. Still up in the air on the purchase. Thanks for yalls input.

Mine just siezed up on me yesterday. I'm not really happy that a computer with 13 dives on it decided to attempt retirement.

We will see how Oceanic decides to handle this one.

I have 3 years on my two PP2s and have never had a lockup.

My instructor (a PADI CD) has thousands of dives on his and has never had a lockup. His wife and kids dive PP2s as well.

Mine just siezed up on me yesterday. I'm not really happy that a computer with 13 dives on it decided to attempt retirement.

We will see how Oceanic decides to handle this one.

Did you call Oceanic Service?

They'll have you send it in and replace it for you.

I like my pp2. I have not expereinced any lock-up problems but, after 50 dives it developed a bad pressure/altitude sensor. Customer service took just over 10 days to send me a refurbished computer that has worked perfect through the last 10+ dives.

IMO, the best attribute of the PP2 is the large, easy to read display.

That said, I want to sell mine and get integrated hose-less wrist mount (Vytec/VT3).

That said, I want to sell mine and get integrated hose-less wrist mount (Vytec/VT3).

Nah, you need a Datamask. :D

Datamasks ROCK! :14:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom