Proper wing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rockjock3:
My main concern was if the 30# was more than adequate.

I think that it is more than you need. You could do very nicely with one of the little wings from Tobin or Patrick. An 18 # wing would be very slick. But remember, if you get a small wing now, you will probably need to get a 30# wing later. While the little wings are great for warm water diving, their versatility is limited.

Personally, I like having a closet full of different size wings... the right tool for the job... so to speak. OTOH, sometimes it's nice to have an adjustable crescent wrench. :D

terrasmak:
Im thinking this really doesnt add up , you also forgot the +8 for the suit he is wearing
According to rockjock's post, he carries 6 lbs of lead with his current BC. I would assume that this is enough weight to offset the bouyancy of the suit he wears. That assumption is what I based that on.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom