proper exposure suit for Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diving my BARE Velocity 5/4, with an AL80, at 5'-10" and about 170 pounds, I've got 18 total, two 4's, two 3's, and two 2's. I put the 3's in the trim pockets on my tank band, and the 4's in the front position of my weight belt, with the 2's right behind them.

This set up gets me down, level at depth, and bouyant at the safety stop with no air in my BC.

Diving my BARE Velocity 5/4, with an AL80, at 5'-10" and about 170 pounds, I've got 18 total, two 4's, two 3's, and two 2's. I put the 3's in the trim pockets on my tank band, and the 4's in the front position of my weight belt, with the 2's right behind them.

This set up gets me down, level at depth, and bouyant at the safety stop with no air in my BC.
That's a lot of weight

That's a lot of weight

However, it works quite nicely for me, at this stage of my life.

When I first started diving (primarily CZM) over thirty years ago, a lot more fit and lean, I dove with a skin and almost no weight at all.

These days, a lot smarter and a little less fit, I'll dive what makes me comfortable and confident. I can always add air during a dive, pretty difficult to add weight.

Back
Top Bottom