Proof of vaccinations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To add to this I find it kind of crazy that the US a first world nation that many others look up to as a leading nation does not have some kind record keeping system that is better then a paper card with your name hand written (and not even any kind of reference to and ID number) on it with a date and vaccine name, I would compare this to about as professional looking as a Blockbuster card.
This is incorrect. Our medical records are digitized. My vaccination record is kept at my state public health department. It includes my covid vaccination record too. I can access it, but not edit it, on the web. We don't have a national system because for stuff not specifically assigned to the Federal Government in our Constitution - those responsibilities are delegated to the states which act like 50 little countries.

may I do some friendly rubbing and add that the EU and 18 non-Eu countries have managed to agree on a common certificate:)
So long as that relates to Bonaire, that's great. :)

On my Bonaire trip a few months ago I took the paper card, and it worked splendidly. Funny, but in another thread I just commented on how much of a luddite I am. Apps? :p

This is incorrect. Our medical records are digitized. My vaccination record is kept at my state public health department. It includes my covid vaccination record too. I can access it, but not edit it, on the web. We don't have a national system because for stuff not specifically assigned to the Federal Government in our Constitution - those responsibilities are delegated to the states which act like 50 little countries.

Luckily there are "no" political issues in the states in this regard. :wink:

Apparently we've managed to solve this for driver's licenses and even passports (no constitutional requirement there). For many years, we were able to travel to Canada with a driver's license. States like TX and FL have all but banned any possibility of such a pass.

For many years, we were able to travel to Canada with a driver's license.
You still can for some state driver's licenses. My Washington "enhanced" DL allows me to drive (but not fly) to Canada

You still can for some state driver's licenses. My Washington "enhanced" DL allows me to drive (but not fly) to Canada

Interesting. Real ID is equivalent to ENHANCED in some states.. Does that apply to all Real ID licenses travelling to C eh?

I found an answer to my own question. Looks like Enhanced only available in bordering states. Makes sense.

Q: Can I use my REAL ID card to cross the border into Canada and Mexico and for international travel?​

No. REAL ID cards cannot be used for border crossings into Canada, Mexico or other international travel.

Interesting. Real ID is equivalent to ENHANCED in some states.. Does that apply to all Real ID licenses travelling to C eh?

I found an answer to my own question:

Q: Can I use my REAL ID card to cross the border into Canada and Mexico and for international travel?​

No. REAL ID cards cannot be used for border crossings into Canada, Mexico or other international travel.
It does not.
REAL ID is for domestic flights and to satisfy TSA. The law was written in part because some states like California and Washington issue DLs to immigrants (we have a lot of migrant workers picking seasonal crops). Enhanced DLs were a negotiated deal to satisfy the Western Hemisphere travel agreement enacted after 9/11. Most states without heavy cross Canada or MX travel have not created EDLs, they just made their systems REAL ID compliant.

All enhanced DLs are REAL IDs, but not all REAL IDs are enhanced DLs.

EDLs are only available in 5 border states (MI, MN, NY, VT, and WA) based on agreement with certain Canadian provinces (BC and MN, and formerly QC and ON).

We flew AA and I completed the Verifly prior to our return but they still examined our documents, twice.

That means travelers coming to the U.S. will submit Covid-related documentation not to Customs and Border Protection (CBP) but to their airline.

while American Airlines is using VeriFLY
I saw your post and I hope to fly to Bonaire in Feb. on American, so I downloaded VeriFly yesterday and today tried to put in my trip. There is no option to add a trip to Bonaire (or anything I could adapt for the purpose). So I took another look at your post. I take it you used VeriFly only for the return to the U.S.

Did you use any kind of app. or web-based system to upload testing or other info. for the trip to Bonaire itself?

Richard.

I saw your post and I hope to fly to Bonaire in Feb. on American, so I downloaded VeriFly yesterday and today tried to put in my trip. There is no option to add a trip to Bonaire (or anything I could adapt for the purpose). So I took another look at your post. I take it you used VeriFly only for the return to the U.S.

Did you use any kind of app. or web-based system to upload testing or other info. for the trip to Bonaire itself?

Richard.
Hi Richard!

You are right. There is no Bonaire option on Verifly and I used it only for my return to the states. For my flight out of Raleigh I had printouts of everything.
For the return, even though everything was completed and accepted in Verifly, AA still wanted to see my paperwork. My covid results were email and at the airport I could not open the application. Fortunately I had taken a screen shot of the results and they did accept that.

Oh! And it was so wonderful to be back in Bonaire we booked our return in Feb. too while we were there!

Hi Richard @drrich2

Our trip worked largely like that for @uncfnp and @Soloist, we were a couple of weeks earlier Delta Fly Ready issues We used hard copies for the airport in Philadelphia and Bonaire. We used Verifly on the way home from Bonaire. In our case, only the Verifly pass was examined, not any paperwork. Verifly is accepted for an increasing number of international destinations from the US but, Bonaire is not yet included https://support.myverifly.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403310320274-American-Airlines Nice that the 5 day antigen test has been discontinued in Bonaire for visitors from the US

Of course, these are interesting times with Omicron and many other variables. It is unclear what travel requirements will look like in 2022, we'll all see.

Back
Top Bottom