Proof of vaccinations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No. REAL ID cards cannot be used for border crossings into Canada, Mexico or other international travel.
Just to add an additional detail in case someone runs across this thread, in addition to the traditional U.S. passport book required for international air travel, one can get a U.S. passport card. It's my understanding the U.S. passport card is treated as a 'real I.D.' and should serve as I.D. for domestic flights, plus you can use it for land boarder crossings (i.e.: Canada and Mexico), but not international air travel (still need the passport book for that).

When I got my driver's license renewed last time, I had an option whether to get the real I.D. version, and I took it. In this day and age, it can pay to have the most up gunned credentials you can on hand.

U.S. Passport Book vs. Card. It says "The passport card is an official United States document that is used at land border crossings and seaports for several countries." I don't know about the practical ramifications of the 'seaports for several countries' thing.

Unless one is a frequent land border crosser, the US passport card isn't useful. I had one a couple of passport renewals ago, but when I renewed this last time I didn't bother requesting a card.

I like it for our non-driving kid as a government ID option. Yes, for an adult with real ID drivers license and a passport book, not a lot of clear value if you don’t drive to Canada or Mexico.

I leave for Bonaire in 8-9 days. I have already rescheduled my return test with Bon Bida to now be administered at 10 AM of the day I leave (3 PM flight). I also today finalized scheduling the tests I will be taking to go to Bonaire, I’d be happy to report back my experiences.

Back
Top Bottom