Project Aware at Table Rock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I was able to, I would have dove Friday night, saturday, saturday night and sunday. Oh well, maybe next year.

diverbob:
If I was able to, I would have dove Friday night, saturday, saturday night and sunday. Oh well, maybe next year.

I know you would!!

And that is precisely what Brian, Norm, and I (and a couple others) have planned.

Free air fills, no entry fees, free boats during the day, plenty of great shore diving at night, and yet many will make 2 quick dives, eat the free lunch, and head home with the free t-shirt! Luckily, I stopped trying to understand people and life a couple years ago. I just smile and wave and hope they had a good time.

theskull

theskull:
I know you would!!

And that is precisely what Brian, Norm, and I (and a couple others) have planned.

Free air fills, no entry fees, free boats during the day, plenty of great shore diving at night, and yet many will make 2 quick dives, eat the free lunch, and head home with the free t-shirt! Luckily, I stopped trying to understand people and life a couple years ago. I just smile and wave and hope they had a good time.

theskull

Count me in. Anyone will be doing nite dive on Fri? If so, I'd like to join too.

I'll be the short guy with the long yellow hose and huge tank. lol I'll be hanging around with theskull and others.

As for the lakes down south, Bull Shoals and Beaver have been the places to dive this summer, the last time I did Beaver about a month ago the vis was about 30-40, Bull Shoals isn't far behind! Never dove Norfork so I can't speak for it.

Tabasco1955:
Don't expect much from the vis, it's been bad above 40 ft all summer, you dip down under that and it improves some.
Dewey Short was about 4' this weekend until you got down to 60', then it opened up quite a bit.

Skip Parker:
Dewey Short was about 4' this weekend until you got down to 60', then it opened up quite a bit.

Was there some sort of rescue training going on for the fire dept or .............? I noticed a LOT of vehicles, some with fire dept emblems on them.

Tabasco1955:
As for the lakes down south, Bull Shoals and Beaver have been the places to dive this summer, the last time I did Beaver about a month ago the vis was about 30-40, Bull Shoals isn't far behind! Never dove Norfork so I can't speak for it.

FWIW, I dove Norfork in early Aug. and then again last weekend. The Aug dives were south end (Fireplace, etc.). Vis was decent (20'-30') below 40' or so. Last weekend dove the upper end (Henderson Bridge, Pinnacles) and the vis was poor (5') at most depths. Even from 70 to 90 around the Big E bluffs it got no better :-( Lots of pretty large particulate.

Wish I could get down there to meet some of you guys this weekend, but it is not in the cards...

Tabasco1955:
Was there some sort of rescue training going on for the fire dept or .............? I noticed a LOT of vehicles, some with fire dept emblems on them.
Yes, there was a PSD class going on. There were firemen from all over the area in attendance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom