Project Aware at Table Rock

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ks Bob:
How was Project Aware at Tablerock? I really wanted to go, but couldn't manage. What were conditions? How many people were there? Find anything cool? :06: If I couldn't be there, I'd like to a least live vicariously through others.

Vis was about as good as the $15 banquet but other than that we had a great time.

Met Tabasco & Dr Robb & had some good people on our pontoon.

Thanks to Scuba Sports Branson & all the volunteers that helped run this. Noon lunch on Sat (free) was wwwaaaayyyy
better than the banquet. Everything seemed well organized.
Nice rooms for the $50. Great weather.
We'll be back next year.

Tabasco & Dr Robb...if/when you guys decide on a trip to Oronogo, sent me a pm, I'll try to make it down there.

terry@heese.us

So, did y'all neglect to dip below 50 ft deep to experience the great 30 ft. visibility down there? It was beautiful. Yes, just a bit cold at 59 F, but certainly bearable for 20 minutes or so in 3 mm with light hood. We had a few beautiful dives at 50-70 ft. depth at Breezy Point, Poverty Point, and a night dive at the dam, and the second half of the dive back up in the shallow warm water was very refreshing.

theskull

MO Diver:
Shoot, didn't know any of you were down there that weekend!

I was running the open water for our shop down there that weekend and saw all the rescue guys from the KC area doing their training. I had 10 open water students and 3 advance at Dewey Sunday. We dove by the state park Saturday morning.

Hey Mo Diver,

I've been to Table Rock, Bull Shoals, or Beaver just about every weekend this summer, I think I've spent more time on the road than at home! The next time I'm down there I'm going to have to plant a big MMD flag in the ground and see if anybody comes around! As a matter of fact, that might be a good idea anywhere I go, the results might be interesting! I would say my diving at Table Rock is just about over for the summer, the vis is the pits as you well know. I did a couple of dives Sunday at Bull Shoals where the vis has been good all Summer and it's going away there too now. Me and a few other divers are going to try to make it to Oronogo before too long, you're welcome to come along (as well as any and all other divers are) if you like!

Well, hope to run into you sometime Mo Diver!

Good Diving to you,
Tabasco

theskull:
So, did y'all neglect to dip below 50 ft deep to experience the great 30 ft. visibility down there? It was beautiful. Yes, just a bit cold at 59 F, but certainly bearable for 20 minutes or so in 3 mm with light hood. We had a few beautiful dives at 50-70 ft. depth at Breezy Point, Poverty Point, and a night dive at the dam, and the second half of the dive back up in the shallow warm water was very refreshing.

theskull

Yep, did the dip below 50' on both dives, about 15 min was enough for me in a 3/2. Took a light on the second dive & the vis was decent.

We did a 50 ft dive at the boat off Jake's Point Friday, the vis was okay but still a lot of particles in the water. Saw an AWESOME school of white bass off Breezy point Saturday at about 27 ft!

Tabasco1955:
We did a 50 ft dive at the boat off Jake's Point Friday, the vis was okay but still a lot of particles in the water. Saw an AWESOME school of white bass off Breezy point Saturday at about 27 ft!

I found a Polo beach towel at about 80' Sunday and 21 tires, but that was about all the interesting wildlife I found. Vis was much better below 60', but I wasn't wearing quite enough thermal underwear under the drysuit for the 57 degree water.

Robb

DrRobb:
I found a Polo beach towel at about 80' Sunday and 21 tires, but that was about all the interesting wildlife I found. Vis was much better below 60', but I wasn't wearing quite enough thermal underwear under the drysuit for the 57 degree water.

Robb

I brought my 5 mil farmer john down with me but didn't expect to need it so I just wore my 3 mil jumpsuit which was fine above 35 ft, somewhat questionable after that though! :11: In hindsight, I wish I had went back to the room and got the 5 mil out, then I could have found some towels and tires of my own! :D

Mike

Is the Project Aware usually the 3rd weekend in Sept? If so I will put it on my calendar for next year. I have always wanted to "give back" to our area lakes. Maybe next year we will have MMD tee-shirts and be able to spot each other that way.

Becky

It's been around the same time in September for the last 2 years, don't know about before that.

Mike

nauifins73:
Is the Project Aware usually the 3rd weekend in Sept? If so I will put it on my calendar for next year. I have always wanted to "give back" to our area lakes. Maybe next year we will have MMD tee-shirts and be able to spot each other that way.

Becky

Yes. It is an international event sponsored by PADI each year. Cleanup dives all over the world. Table Rock has some excellent sponsors that have made the local event especially enjoyable.

theskull

Back
Top Bottom