Progressive Lenses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickyd

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I also use the Verilux progressives. No medical reasons in my case, but it took me about 3 seconds to get used to them the first time I got them. Love 'em! None of the top/bottom lines to worry about that I've heard so many people complain about.

I also have a high index (1.6) polycarb lens - this allow for a much thinner and lighter weight, and a lot more flexibility in frame selection.

I spend a lot of time in front of a computer screen, and the progressives give me a great mid-range (like a tri-focal woudl do without the line). There are some time where you may need to tilt your head up or down a little to get into the correct range, but it hasn't been a problem for me. Also, watching TV when laying in bed my be a little weird at first.

I have noticed that the frames must fit perfectly; by this I mean pupliary distance, frame curvature, height (on the nose), so that all is aligned. But, I wouldn't go for anything else.

To give some perspective, I'm 50, been wearing glasses since I was 12, except for the 10 years I had soft toric contacts ( I got tired of them ).

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom