Profile won't save changes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Have you tried editing any other fields?

With your permission, I could try editing your profile to see if it yields any clues. I would prefix anything I add with something like "Testing:"
I've only tried editing my account details. Yes, I very much would appreciate your trying editing my profile and give you permission.

Yes, I very much would appreciate your trying editing my profile and give you permission.

I added text stings to several of your profile fields through the admin tools and they were accepted. I think that would rule out a database constraint. Hopefully @Miyaru will have time to look at it. I didn't see anything obvious in permissions but that is mostly out of my wheelhouse.

I added text stings to several of your profile fields through the admin tools and they were accepted. I think that would rule out a database constraint. Hopefully @Miyaru will have time to look at it. I didn't see anything obvious in permissions but that is mostly out of my wheelhouse.
Thanks for your efforts.

and split fins...
and a dry-snorkel...
and retractors...
and tank bangers...
:stirpot:
SpareAir for heaven’s sake!

Tank bangers don't work and I always use split fins.

I see some wonderful suggestions :cool:

When you click Save after editing your profile, you should briefly see a transparent banner on top of the page saying Your changes have been saved.
I copied all that text into a test account, no issues. Can't find anything wrong in the system.

When you click Save after editing your profile, you should briefly see a transparent banner on top of the page saying Your changes have been saved.

The banner persists about a second and looks like this:

1643383360497.png

@TMHeimer

Are you using a smart phone, tablet, or computer? Can you test this on a different device?

The banner persists about a second and looks like this:

@TMHeimer

Are you using a smart phone, tablet, or computer? Can you test this on a different device?
Yes, I recall that banner and it hasn't appeared like it used to when I hit save. Only the "use less that 20 charcaters Oops" one. I am using my laptop as always but have no other way of testing it. I could try that at some point when I get a visit from my daughter who is a whiz.
I should mention that I noticed that my Account Details had my former email address on it at the top, so I changed it to the current one (we moved). I was surprised that this actually was saved, unlike the other changes I tried. Maybe something got screwed up with the email address (says all is good now). But we moved 4 years ago--perhaps I didn't try to change anything on my profile since we moved and didn't know there was a problem?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom