Profile won't save changes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMHeimer

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dartmouth,NS,Canada(Eastern Passage-Atlantic)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I changed something on my profile (new BCD) and it doesn't change when I go back to it (or click on my name at a post). I click "save" at the page bottom. What am I doing wrong (worked before the "change")?

Hi @TMHeimer

Was this in relation to your dive gear?

Apollo Bio Tank Lock. Pocket weight belt with suspenders. Integrated Genesis Phantom BCD. Mares split fins with spring straps. Mares Puck computer. Analog console. Foldable snorkel. Cheap watch. Shell collecting bag. Small poke spear for those dumb flounders.

Maybe in his side, clear cache/refresh cookies?

Hi @TMHeimer

Was this in relation to your dive gear?

Apollo Bio Tank Lock. Pocket weight belt with suspenders. Integrated Genesis Phantom BCD. Mares split fins with spring straps. Mares Puck computer. Analog console. Foldable snorkel. Cheap watch. Shell collecting bag. Small poke spear for those dumb flounders.
Yes. I replaced Genesis Phantom with Zeagle Sport and it stayed Genesis when I went out & back in again.

Yes. I replaced Genesis Phantom with Zeagle Sport and it stayed Genesis when I went out & back in again.

Thanks, will check it out

I did some testing using member (non-Staff) accounts and can't replicate the issue.

I changed something on my profile (new BCD) and it doesn't change when I go back to it

Does this only apply to the Dive Equipment field? Can you test making minor changes to other fields?

I did some testing using member (non-Staff) accounts and can't replicate the issue.

Does this only apply to the Dive Equipment field? Can you test making minor changes to other fields?
I changed things in cert. level and cert. agencies-- same thing, doesn't save. I'm probably not saving it correctly (click save at bottom). I'm not computer smart, maybe you now do something different?

I'm not computer smart, maybe you now do something different?

Nope. Make the change and click the Save button is all there is too it.

1643316934490.png

Maybe @Miyaru can see something that I'm missing?

Nope. Make the change and click the Save button is all there is too it.

View attachment 703492

Maybe @Miyaru can see something that I'm missing?
This is weird. Now I hit save and it says Oops, problem -- please enter a value of 20 characters or less. That didn't happen before. All I did was substitute Zeagle for Phantom Genesis (BCD)-- not 20 characters. Then I tried substituting SDI for SSI-- same thing. Use less then 20.

This is weird. Now I hit save and it says Oops, problem -- please enter a value of 20 characters or less. That didn't happen before. All I did was substitute Zeagle for Phantom Genesis (BCD)-- not 20 characters. Then I tried substituting SDI for SSI-- same thing. Use less then 20.

Have you tried editing any other fields?

With your permission, I could try editing your profile to see if it yields any clues. I would prefix anything I add with something like "Testing:"

Back
Top Bottom