Prodivers in Maui

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've only heard good things -- big boat (licensed for twice as many passengers as they take), friendly crew, etc.

Only downside: they are one of the first two boats out of the harbour in the morning at something like 5:45.

Charlie99 is probably the best one to PM about info about them as he used to dive with them a lot. I've only ever heard good things about them. They are one of the few (only?) 6packs on the island (they may be rated for more, but they are smaller than the 12 packs around here)

Have fun! :)

Aloha, Tim

Charlie99 is probably the best one to PM about info about them as he used to dive with them a lot. I've only ever heard good things about them. They are one of the few (only?) 6packs on the island (they may be rated for more, but they are smaller than the 12 packs around here)

Have fun! :)

Aloha, Tim
They were my favorite diveop under the previous owner, Pierre. I've only been out with them a few times since the new owner took over, Aug 2005 IIRC.

One of the problems of a 6 pack is that they go as one group, and the dives need to be tailored to the weakest diver onboard. On 12 passenger boats, they will split up divers into two groups based upon ability and experience level. A 6 pack doesn't have that option. The prior owner put a lot of effort into booking like-minded people for each particular day.

On my first couple of trips with the new owners, they had some very inexperienced divers onboard, thereby limiting diving options. The boat owners also run the scuba concessions at a couple large Wailea hotels.

I hear that they have since become more aware of that problem and are being more selective in how they book and group people together on the boat.

The boat is a nice large boat for 6 divers, and has a head, unlike most other 6 paks.

I head out to Maui tomorrow morning for 3 months, and hope to book a spot on ProDiver in the couple of weeks.

Charlie Allen

p.s. Don't forget to use SUNSCREEN. The previous owner of ProDiver loved what he was doing and DM'd every dive. He had to quit his dream life after getting 3 different types of skin cancer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom