ProDive has raised their price...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just out of curiosity, what's Pro Dive's schedule? Seems like everyone is within a hour, maybe hour and half of each other normal schedule unless someone has a special trip planned.... And with most smaller boats, I'd think if you had six on a boat, you could almost set the schedule - the 6-8 person boats that is.....
For the allegro this time it was 8 am departure 1130 am return and 1pm departure 430ish return. Obviously those very depending on punctuality of divers, lengths of dives, distance to site, speed of boat etc. The difference is that most sites are within 15 minutes of the pier on the faster boats.

In October it was 730 departures, and 12 departures. But in October it was mostly just our group of 6 and an occasional addition of 2 or more divers. This time it was significantly more crowded at times. Although our trips to Punta sur were 7 max, 1 dropped at devils throat with his own guide and our 6 to Punta sur.

This visit was a completely different experience for us compared to our visit in October. I'm sure part of that can be blamed on a busier July season, but not all of it. Our divemasters and our group were the saving grace of the whole experience. And between the 4 of us who scheduled our trips together, we purchased over 160 dives this trip. This being our second trip within 9 months, with us already working on a next trip. So in a years time our group (5 divers total) has purchased over 300 dives with this shop. You would think that repeat business would be a bit more important than nickel and diming over some trivial issues. In the end it proved to be, but the entire process left a bad taste in my mouth personally.

I was informed Aldora afternoon dives depart at 3pm which lends itself to the second Dive being a dusk to night Dive during December shorter days?

hola, Memo here, Free Nitrox at Aldora
send us an email

@Memo Mendoza

Hola Memo,

Well that’s great news ... free Nitrox at Aldora.

We are arriving on October 28 and look forward to diving with Aldora and staying at the Villa. All the more so with your sweet deal.

With the shorter day lowers, what time will your afternoon dives be scheduled for?

Brad

I was informed Aldora afternoon dives depart at 3pm which lends itself to the second Dive being a dusk to night Dive during December shorter days?

That would be the third dive of the day that departs at 3.

typical dive day is two dives and back to town between 1 and 2.

That would be the third dive of the day that departs at 3.

typical dive day is two dives and back to town between 1 and 2.
No, I was offered alternating dives between mornings and afternoons. I was informed the two afternoon dives depart at 3pm...hence my concerns.

No, I was offered alternating dives between mornings and afternoons. I was informed the two afternoon dives depart at 3pm...hence my concerns.
When Aldora offers afternoon dives it has to be later in the day because they get back to the dock later.

Yea, there's no way afternoon dives could leave or be scheduled any earlier. I just looked at a log - Aldora is in the water about 830 (maracaibo even) and back in the water 1115 to as late as 1145 for the second dive. Long dives, lazy surface intervals. Usually back between 1:30 and 3:00 - where you go and what you do has a huge impact on times.

The other day at Tormentos, at least three groups freight trained it on past us....... different type of diving is all.

Although our trips to Punta sur were 7 max, 1 dropped at devils throat with his own guide and our 6 to Punta sur.

Devils Throat is part of Punta Sur, it's just a challenge to get peoples air consumption and NDL's to drop at the beginning and do both The Cathedral and Devils Throat in the same dive, specially with the slack current of late.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom