ProDive has raised their price...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

flyboy08

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
to $82 per 2 tank Nitrox included. Still not bad though. But my 2 favorite DM are no longer with them, so this just may be the time to try another operator.

3P’s
Aldora
Christie’s

Anyone know if either 3 will pickup at the Occidental pier this December?

to $82 per 2 tank Nitrox included. Still not bad though. But my 2 favorite DM are no longer with them, so this just may be the time to try another operator.

3P’s
Aldora
Christie’s

Anyone know if either 3 will pickup at the Occidental pier this December?

We do :) Shoot me an e-mail to info@bluextseadiving.com and I'll be happy to put a package together for you

ya costs keep going up all over. not just mexico. it has gotten to the point where we are starting to consider visiting only shore diving destinations to control our vacation costs.
rough average cost seems to be 40 to 50 u.s. per dive. from what i have seen. and that is only if you buy a bundle of dives (maybe 10 ?). i am sure some are a bit less, some a bit more.
when you add our fantastic canadian exchange, possibly nitrox, possibly a tip, it gets pretty damn expensive. can easily run $300 a day for the wife and i.
i was recently quoted $500 canadian for 10 dives in cuba. i have never been there but assumed it would have been half that price.
one 2 tank trip in puerto plata was $115 u.s. 12 dive package was $530 u.s.
just a sign of the times i guess.

I wasn’t really complaing because $32-45 tank is perfectly fine by me. I’ve seen much higher in other locations...CZM is still the best bang for the US buck!

Try a smaller operator this time. It’s a totally different experience when you’re on a small fast boat with 6 divers and you get to pick where you want to go.

I'm a @drrich2 kind of guy. I often calculate my dive cost as total dive cost + tip/minutes of dive time. $/min gives me a much more accurate estimate of what I am getting for my money. You'd be surprised at how much this number varies. Of course there are geographic standards... I guess nobody without OCD need apply, I have found the calculation enlightening. Cozumel is a perfectly good example where this calculation applies.

Try a smaller operator this time. It’s a totally different experience when you’re on a small fast boat with 6 divers and you get to pick where you want to go.

What about the other 5 divers? Do they not get to pick where they want to go ? :wink:
(and, of course, a consensus, usually isn't really getting to pick where you want to go.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom