Problems with Lumix TZ5

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Summi

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi

I recently bought a Lumix TZ5 with the suitable housing DMW-MCTZ5. I am happy with the camera itself, but taking photos under water has been a really frustrating experience.

The thing is, although I set the camera's flash to "forced on" and I can see it firing under water. Most of the pictures look like they were taken without flash. If I hold my camera still and take about 7 shots only one of them turns out OK and all the other shots turn out too dark! I attached two samples to this post.

My buddies camera (a model of Lumix F series) was working fine under similar conditions.

So I am wondering if I am doing something wrong or if there's really a problem with the camera. Help would be much appreciated as I am going on another dive trip in three weeks and at this stage I am too frustrated with my cam so that I don't really want to take it with me.

Cheers,
Michel

Attachments

• P1020582-small.jpg
    P1020582-small.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 44
  • P1020583-small.jpg
    P1020583-small.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 36
  • P1020584-small.jpg
    P1020584-small.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 32