problems with JAVA functions/features today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Without being able to sit at your computer, I can't diagnose a problem like this.

You should maybe try

1) Disabling all plugins for your browser.
2) Clearing Cache and Cookies.

It appears that this issue is localized to this machine and firefox... right? Does it happen at home? I am assuming you're at work.

What happened when you use the "standard editor" instead of WYSIWYG?

Let me ask you this...

Do quicklinks and other dropdown menus work?

Let me ask you this... Do quicklinks and other dropdown menus work?
yes. they work. resizing the "reply window" (bottom right corner of the text window you type in works also. So Java is working
1) Disabling all plugins for your browser.
trying that now... but it still doesn't seem to have an effect with EVERYTHING disabled.
note that earlier I reported I had Java update 30. (using that web tool to check). However my plugin says I have Java update 31. not sure if it completed properly or perhaps that external website isn't 100% updated itself.
Clearing Cache and Cookies.
gonna try that next. (had to go finish something else first and got sidetracked)
It appears that this issue is localized to this machine and firefox... right?
I think it's localized to this machine and Firefox. others with Firefox this works. One other person has reported issues in MOF that are very similar.
Does it happen at home?
not that I'm aware of. I really wasnt online hardly this weekend.
What happened when you use the "standard editor" instead of WYSIWYG?
will check that also.
test separator
test: 1 2 3 4 (still has issue if no carriage returns with numbers).

One other person that I know of has had issues that are similar and seem to be localized to one computer.

This is the editor that's in use. Demo | CKEditor

Can't say why it's happening and localized to specific browsers. It's not Java or otherwise. If you can work around it with another browser, then there's not much I can do for you on this end, other than spitball ideas. There's nothing broken on SB as far as I can surmise.

Ok.. seems to be working now. I was trying one "change" at a time to isolate.

this was a "delete cookie" that corrected it.

really odd. I thought about deleting the cookie when this started, but would have bet money that it wasn't the problem. It really seemed to be Java issues. (which is why I tried to update JAVA first thing.)

anwyay... it seems to be fixed. odd.... but it works...

Thanks for your quick support. :thumb:

I'm having issues with the chat room, since the 17th..... have cleaned cookies, dumped temps and all the other standard fixes.... am getting a java dump onto my desktop every time I try to get into the chat though....

Any suggestions?

Tim

Try installing the latest Java - 6.0.31.

Clearing cookies is more to resolve browser issues. If you're getting a Java dump, I'd think that's not the problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom