problems with JAVA functions/features today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mike_s

Contributor
Reaction score
Have there been any major Java changes done to the board? (in recent days) I expect the formatting of this post will be out of whack due to the problem I'm reporting. apologies if it's hard to read. I've noticed several things that aren't working as they were last week. * can't click multi-quote * can't click on a smiley and insert in reply (which isn't a big deal as I rarely do this). * carriage return doesn't seem to work properly. (so expect this post format to be out of whack.) * can't format post with BOLD etc with control functions. * all formatting icons are gone. * LIKE button/link is not working. First steps I too to correct this was to upgrade to the latest version of Sun/Oracle JAVA. doesn't seem to fix the issue. There are no formatting icons shown above the body you type in for a new thread. I can post a screen shot if needed. Thanks... Mike

going to other vbulletion forums doesn't seem to have this problem. Only seems to be happening with Scubaboard.

What browser (and version), OS, and version of Java are you using?

When you say you're not seeing the same problem on other forums. Are they using the same version of vbulletin that we are?

What browser (and version), OS, and version of Java are you using?
Winder's XP Professional, Firefox 10.0.2, and Java Update 31 this morning after I noticed the problem (not sure what version Java it was previously) .
When you say you're not seeing the same problem on other forums. Are they using the same version of vbulletin that we are?
not sure how you can check their versions. I tried it on cavediver.net and scubatoys forum w/o problem. Thanks for your help Howard.

We are on vBulletin 4.1.11

Cavediver.net is 4.0.4

Scubatoys is on 4.0.6

So this isn't really a valid comparison.

** Either way. Have you tried using the standard editor instead of the WYSIWYG editor to see if your results are similar?

Also - perhaps you're at a place with heavy security? Firewall?

I've tested these functions on Win 7 in Chrome, Firefox 11.0 (current version), IE9, and Safari, and all seem to work normally. So I'd have to narrow down the possibility to a localized event that seems to block content?

I have a windows xp machine, but it has 3.6.27 on it, where it seems to work fine with that browser... So I can't verify if there's an issue with just your computer, or with the whole site.

We are on vBulletin 4.1.11 Cavediver.net is 4.0.4 Scubatoys is on 4.0.6 So this isn't really a valid comparison.
understandable.
** Either way. Have you tried using the standard editor instead of the WYSIWYG editor to see if your results are similar?
Let me see what changes make.
Also - perhaps you're at a place with heavy security? Firewall?
Dont' think that's it since I was just able to post with IE v 7 and change formattting. Seems that would be blocked also if Firewall was the issue. (but that was a thought of mine also at first).
I've tested these functions on Win 7 in Chrome, Firefox 11.0 (current version), IE9, and Safari, and all seem to work normally. So I'd have to narrow down the possibility to a localized event that seems to block content?
let me see if I can upgrade to the latest version of Firefox and if that makes a difference.
putting in quotes to separate items for next test.
test 23 test 24 test 25

Be aware that there are known issues with IE7 and that vBulletin is only officially supporting IE9 at this point.

FWIW - Our advanced editor functions are a product that newer vBulletin versions include. it's called CKeditor, and it is Java based. vBulletin has moved to this editor because of the advanced functionality.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom