Problem with Oceanic Atom 2.0 Transmission

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ariefpri

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I Had oceanic atom 2.0 with transmitter, I just tried it out yesterday, but i always have link failure along the dive, the only established link happened is when I'm on the boat when I setup my gear.

I also have checked the battery status when I was on the boat, at that time the link has been established, and the battery status for both DC and TMT was reported 'GOOD'

Please help ...

Check the contacts of the transmitter and it's battery. Because of the shape of the battery it is easy for oxide and or dirt to interfere with the flow of electricity and cause an intermittant problem. A rubber pencil eraser can be used to loosen anything on the contacts then use a Q-tip moistened with alcohol to clean up any debris. Use only quality branded batteries.
Also consider which port the transmitter is installed in keep the distance between the transmitter and the PDC as short as possible.
Link failure in itself is not a problem if it re-established itself in a reasonable amount of time. What is a reasonable amount of time varies depending on depth, sac rate, tank size and any other factor that may make knowing tank pressure more critical.

I Had oceanic atom 2.0 with transmitter, I just tried it out yesterday, but i always have link failure along the dive, the only established link happened is when I'm on the boat when I setup my gear.

I also have checked the battery status when I was on the boat, at that time the link has been established, and the battery status for both DC and TMT was reported 'GOOD'

Please help ...

My experience with the Atom 2.0 was that the battery status would indicate "Good" even when the battery was on its last leg. Classic symptoms of a "good" battery that does not have enough energy left is when the Atom 2.0 won't sync with the Oceanlog software, or the link becomes unreliable. It may work when you are on the boat in ideal line of sight conditions, but will fail to link when the transmitter is wholly or partially obscured by your body.

Hi MarineResearch, thank you for your comments. I also want to update the status after yesterday I changed the batteries in my LDS, and tried it our on the pool. The result is still the same :( I give up, I believe this is not caused by configuration, I believe this is caused by product malfunction. I've asked my LDS to switch the DC and TMT with a new one, but currently they only have the DC only, they will replace the transmitter in the next 2 weeks.

Hi All, thank you for all your replies, after my LDS replace me with the new dc (the transmitter not yet replaced), all the communication between the dc and the TMT works fined. I've used it for 6 dives in tulamben bali from 10m to 27m, there were no transmission lost during the dive. It seems the problem is in the reciever in the divecomp.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom