Problem with mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

XPATMANX

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hello. im new to diving so this question is probably pretty dumb but its serious so pleasae take me serioustly.

question: i was taking my open water course for the last month or so and at the end of the pool sessions i noticed that my akona mask was leaking from somewhere. so i went into the dive shop and they gave me the same mask free of charge.I went diving for my first time with this mask today. I went on two 40 foot dives for about 40 minutes each. i came out of the water and went home without a problem. I then thought to myself that i would check my mask just incase of a leak. I tried them on and when i would suck in through my nose i could see air bubbles comming throught the right side of my mask by the seal. I was wondering, since this is the second time... if you know what could be causing this leaking problem or if the mask is designed this way. Its not a heavy flow leak but its enough to be a newsense.

I appreciate all of your awnsers :) thankyou

Last edited:
None of the AKONA masks are designed to leak. One way to tell whether a mask is in fact leaking through a seal is to place the mask lenses down on a paper towel and fill the mask with water. Don't let the towel get wet while filling the mask with water. Let it sit for about 10-15 minutes. If you see the towel is wet you know the mask is leaking.

One thing to consider is whether or not the mask doesn't fit properly. If it doesn't fit well the mask will leak but not because the mask is faulty it is because the mask doesn't fit.

AKONA Rep.

Back
Top Bottom