Problem with Mares M1 Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Petra

Reaction score
I wanted to see if anyone else has the same problems with their Mares M1 computer. Mine is very difficult to get into or out of a particular mode. You're suppose to hold down the button for 3 seconds and it goes into whatever mode is displayed at the time. Mine usually just skips to the next mode. Sometimes it does actually go into the mode I want, but then may not come out of that mode. I also can not get the backlight to stay on. I'm sending it back to Mares to have a look at. I'm assuming it just needs some adjustments.

Mark

My M1 doesn't have any problems like that. The buttons are hard to press and sometimes it does skip over a mode. One thing I have noticed is that it is very hard to get the backlight on while wearing coldwater gloves. Hope they get it fixed for you.

Lars

I have one that I thought was broken also because it was so hard to move around. After having used it on a dozen dives, it seems normal. I don't know if the buttons have softened or I have just adapted to the necessary force to press them, but they seem acceptable now. I am not crazy about the manual, but I have managed to master the dive and plan modes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom