Problem with Gemini Inflator/Regulator

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dear phras,

Who is your local Dive Store? I would like to have someone chat with them to make sure they are properly adjusting the regulators. We have had a dozen regs in a rental program. They were all free flowing. Once the adjustment was made correctly none of them have free flowed. That was 7 months ago. The Gemini's there are being used 4-6 days a week. When properly adjusted the units are great!

Sherwood Scuba Rep.

Thanks for your response. My LDS has the unit right now and will be calling their Sherwood Rep today to check on what can be done.

From what the different shops have told me, it is a simple 1/4 turn adjustment. If that's the fix and it keeps getting out of adjustment just after one dive then there needs to be something a little more permanent done.

I have all Sherwood equipment and have been very pleased and proud to sport the Sherwood brand. Even more reason I would like to see this issue fixed rather than shopping for a different octo/inflator.

Who is that shop, I will have the technician call them so that they have the correct information.

Well, after having my LDS "fix" the gemini to Sherwood specs, I took it back to the beautiful waters of Cozumel. On the 1st day of diving, while ascending there it happened again!!! Yes, another free flow problem. I was the only one to handle the reg, and know for a fact I did not crank on it. I'm done with this thing. I dove the rest of the week using manual oral inflation.

It's back at LDS, meanwhile I'm sad I sold my old inflator and octo back to LDS. This is going to get expensive.

I read this thread when it first started as I also had purchased the Gemini. It did not make any sense at the time. Two weeks ago had it freeflow after 30-40 dives. Pulled it apart and found that two parts had unscrewed to allow the leak. When I returned from Roatan I came back to this thread and the problem was as described. Took it to my LDS and they were not aware of the problem. Thanks to all that posted here however I do not understand why the LDS has not recieved info regarding this problem as it clearly is not an isolated problem?

:D After the repeated problems with the Gemini, Sherwood warrantied my octo and replaced it with the 'new' model that has been reengineered to prevent the two pieces from coming apart.

Thanks Sherwood for stepping up and also to my LDS for handling the issue.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom