Problem with Diving Concepts Dry Gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've found that if I grease the interior o-ring in each glove before each dive day I am able to pull the gloves off with no trouble. If I go more than two weeks without greasing them, I can barely get them off without causing grate pain to my fingertips. I have rings mounted directly to my suit (no wrist seals) so I don't worry about ripping latex.

ADeadlierSnake, I have been using the SiTech gloves for four years now and will say there is a steep learning curve to donning the gloves. The trick that has helped the most and I have had no leaks since is to replace the o-rings with size -153 rings. The major problem that people have with the SiTech quick glove system is the o-ring can roll out of the grove if you don't push the gloves in perfectly square. The fix for this is to install the "proper" size o-ring. You can order the rings through McMaster but there are a few of us on here that would send some for a dollar or so plus shipping. With that said most of my buddies have the DC gloves and I'm envious of how easy of a time they have with the system, there gloves just seem to pop on and off with ease. Have you tried swapping the rings on the suit from side to side? What could be happening is the tolerances may have stacked up and causing the problem.

Thanks for the reply! I have a SiTech ring system that is currently shipping. I'll give that a try. As for the original complaint about the DC ring system, I had it suggested to me that the rings may have been warped. I have to shamefully admit that this is not outside of the realm of possibility.... That suggestion seems to make perfect sense to me, and at this point I would bet money that that is why I was having the problem.

I have the DC glove/rings and they have always been hard to get off. I have found that if I use triolube/crystolube instead of silicone grease that makes a big difference. The oxygen lube seems to have more lubricity (did I make up a word?) I was using regular silicone to start and when I changed to triolube the problems went away. Lube them every few dives and take the o rings out about every 10 dives and clean everything and that should help the problems.

Don't know if this will work but I have a tight seal on a flour mill. I dust it with flour and the two sides just glide together. Maybe try talc or corn starch?

Question- just started to use the DC glove system. Do they simply pop straight on and off? No turning or clicking into a lock? I just want to make sure I'm doing it right. I am having a great deal of trouble getting it on and off so I'll try changing to the crystolube. Is there anything that I can use as a tool to help if I'm by myself? I seem to remember somebody using a piece of PVC pipe of something but I can't find it on a search,now.

The gloves should just pop on and off, no turning or clicking required.

The split PVC pipe tool I think you're referring to is used to install the gloves onto the glove-ring itself, not to connect/disconnect the rings.

Do you have the replaceable seals on the outside of the ring, or are you just using the ring?

To get the rings off, I hold one arm close to my chest and then pull on one side of the glove ring to get it to break away. I also break the seal of one ring, then do the other ring without taking the glove off -- trying to do it with bare, cold fingers can be painful. I don't use the replaceable seals, but my girlfriend used to and it was a PITA to get them on and off. She ended up not using the seals after a while.

I really like my DC rings, and if set up properly never have leaks. One piece of advice is to trim the excess glove length as close to the ring as possible after installing it, so it has no chance of interfering with the seal.

(Edit: removed my oring nonsense for now)

Sent from my Zeagle N2ition

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom