Pro vs Tech, BAre that is....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wildcard

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Time to order. I can't seem to find Bares homepage:confused: and Im on dial up so that dosnt help either. Here are my questions for those that have them....
Tech worth the extra few bucks? I HAVE to be able to don it solo
Which seals and yes, i want the glove rings
And finaly, which boot option?
Anything else I should know?
Oh Ya, that would be the XCD2....Thanks and let me know.

I was subjected to the same quandry.

I elected to go the "Tech" for the donning reason and chose the latex seals and hard rubber boots.

I have not regretted my choice after about 30 dives in my D/S.

Try Divetank.com

the K

I agree with the K...

I have about 50 dives now with the XCD2 Tech and no regrets...it only took a few dives to become proficient with self-donning. I opted for latex seals all around and the Trek boots; we often dive quarries with rocky shore access and now that I am diving doubles, the soles of the Trek boots make the climg up the ladder much more stable.

...and the XCD2 Tech is just a darn good looking drysuit :14:

Thats for the input! I had finaly found the page last night and looked some more. There are some deals out there right now too including latex seals for life! Hard boots are the deal then huh? Think I'll order now.

Ordered, of course it has to be modified to be exactly what I wanted. Couple of weeks out they tell me.

As I said in a previous post, I'm happy with my switch to the traditional viking glove rings. Fewer parts and easier doffing.

Finaly got my suit today. Cripes, it took forever!
I have a question about the cuff rings, Ummm, how do they work? I think I many be missing a piece. Divetanks hasn't answered my email or called me back about it. They told me two week to get it, it's been 6. Not real happy with them right now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom