Pro Plus 2 issues with 2 different units

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pro99line

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
My girlfriend and I both have PP2's. I purchased them in November 2007 but never turned int he warranty registration card (Didn't know I needed to,never have in the past). I need advise for both. I have my invoice but did not send in the warranty card so I hope they still have warranty.

Anyway, last Thursday I took them both to the LDS to have the batteries changed before our dives this weekend. Hers kept saying that each of the three batteries out in it was dead. The guy at the LDS knew this was not the case. So he put them in mine and it showed them as full. He then put one back into hers and it know showed full but showed ALT for altitude. We are on the gulf coast so there is no way we should have triggered this. He called Oceanic and while on the phone wiht them it started working normally, so the Oceanic tech said not to worry it was probably just a glitch. It did fine all weekend on 5 dives. Should this be checked out by Oceanic before using again or should we not worry like the tech stated? Her tag on her computer says it is AY-024430 with the date 06/07 if this helps. Software has never been updated (Did not know we could update this on the computer).

On to my problem. Mine did fine on all 5 dives. We left the dive site and got home 3 hours later, I took it out of the bag and was going to log my dives, and the display has went haywire. All the nitrogen bars are lit up, battery shows dead (I tried other ones and all show the same), all ascent bars are lit up, the very top info is jibberish. I tried leaving the battery out overnight last night but that did not help, I tried soaking it in freshwater for several hours but that did not help. I guess I just need to send mine in for repair but if it's not under warranty then is their really a point or can they even help? The tag on mine says AY-019399 with the date 06/06. Please advise what I should do with mine. Thanks.

Bump for info.

I hope you get this solved. I'm interested in the warranty issue as I just purchased my PP2. Hope things work out.

All you'll need for warranty coverage is your receipt from an authorized dealer. It's odd that all was well until battery change - give our guys in tech support a call - that may suggest another battery or just give you instructions to send it back for warranty service.

800-435-3483, ext. 760

All you'll need for warranty coverage is your receipt from an authorized dealer. It's odd that all was well until battery change - give our guys in tech support a call - that may suggest another battery or just give you instructions to send it back for warranty service.

800-435-3483, ext. 760

Thank you. I will call them tomorrow.

OH! OH! I know this one! LOL!

It's the batteries your LDS installed. If you use Sony or Panasonic CR batteries, your issues will most likely go away.

And BTW, Oceanic service ROCKS! :)

OH! OH! I know this one! LOL!

It's the batteries your LDS installed. If you use Sony or Panasonic CR batteries, your issues will most likely go away.

And BTW, Oceanic service ROCKS! :)

Are you serious about the Panasonic or Sony battery issue?

I spoke to tech support and they come to the conclusion that it got flooded. They told me to just send it to them and they will take care of it. Really great service. Makes me happy that I also own 2 Atom 2.0 computers and 4 Oceanic Delta 4 regs. Oceanice customer service has started off on a good foot with me. :D

I asked him about the battery issue. He stated that on the units like the Pro Plus 2 with the larger CR2 batteries that the brand is not such an issue but on the units that take the smaller watch style batteries then it is important to use a good name brand battery or it may not work properly.

My Pro Plus 2 flooded too. I sent it back to my dealer and I am hopeful Oceanic will take care of it for me. The unit has about 30 freshwater dives on it and was purchased in May 2008. Somewaht dissappointed that it flooded. Is this a common occurence for the Pro Plus 2?

I've got a PP2 that is more than a couple of years old. I just replaced the batteries. It was quite easy and I'm not sure why you needed a tech to do it. Now, finding the batteries was a bit more of a challenge, but the swap was simple.

The first thing I did with my PP2 is to replace the quick disconnect with a permanent hose. I heard a single drop of water will fry it... I don't know.

My original Oceanic died after 2 battery changes, the battery tabs fell out... low and behold, the LDS Local Dive Shop is collecting them, apparently the battery tabs fell out of most of them. In any event...

I am happy with the hose, and the PP2 and as advertised they've got the biggest display, so I can read it with no problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom