Pro Plus 2 issues with 2 different units

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I received a UPS tracking email yesterday stating I should get my unit back on 8/14. Appears they fixed it no charge as promised. I will update if it is a new unit or my old one repaired. After watching the LDS change the batteries, I realized that I can buy the kit or the battery and do it myself next time. Live and learn I guess. I love my PP2 for the sole reason it has the LARGE display. It makes it so easy to read and everythign is not lumped together on the screen.

Oceanic service rocks!

I'm glad to hear they're taking care of you.

OH! OH! I know this one! LOL!

It's the batteries your LDS installed. If you use Sony or Panasonic CR batteries, your issues will most likely go away.

And BTW, Oceanic service ROCKS! :)

This topic has been discussed in numerous threads. Panasonic and Sony batteries are rated for pulse duty, which means they can handle the momentary surge of current that your computer needs at times. I'm not sure if there are other battery brands that have the same rating.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom