Pro Force Fin: Rubbing, help needed please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paulcalf

Registered
Reaction score
Hi

Please help

I love my force fins but they rub the ball on the top of my foot.

I am UK size 10, which is US size 11.
My first set of force fins were size L. I wore them with very thin surfing type boots and they rubbed.

I then got the XL size which have loads of room all around the foot pocket when wearing my thin boots, but they still rub the top of my foot when i go diving.

I then bought a new thicker pair of boots as i thought the thicker material would stop them rubbing the ball at the top of my foot. It didn't help, so what do i do now?

Shall i buy some comfort insteps, will they help reduce rubbing?

I cant afford a third set of Force Fins and the XL seem plenty big enough but still they rub.

Ive seen the video about adjusting the bungee cords, but mine are already as loose as they will go.

Any suggestions are welcomed

Thanks

Paul

Paul,
Unfortunate, but your Force Fins are too small for your foot and foot wear you are using. If you feel a Force Fin on your feet you have the wrong size. The thicker sole boots that are now made throw off the size of the fins as the sole ends up taking up a lot of space in the foot pocket. I have seen a woman size 9 USA use a XXL with a comfort instep and have a perfect fit.

With your thin boots and comfort instep you should be able to get rid if the rubbing you are feeling, but you will not be able to do anything when using your thick boots as the size is to small.

Blair

Thanks for the prompt response and the advice. I will get some comfort insteps and continue to use my thin boots. I cant afford a third pair of force fins so wont be getting myself a pair of xxl.

I think you need to re educate your retailers as i followed the advice given and have now had two pairs that are not the right size! The label on the box which shows sizing should also be made clearer, as this reifnforced that XL was the right size for me.

Thanks anyway

Paul

paulcalf,
We are always working towards increasing the education of our retailers and our customers concerning Force Fin and we thank you for your post. I am sure your feedback has helped other divers that might be questioning their size. If you have ever used a Force Fin and you can feel it - it is the wrong size. Strain, rubbing or stress is not a Force Fin experience.

Good luck and thanks for posting.

Back
Top Bottom