Pro-ear scuba diving dive mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks, I'm going to read,
Actually I made some search, I found it's an israeli copyright, anyway they are made [also?] in Taipei Taiwan by istsport 886-2-2627-2516 | www.istsports.com

in my pros&cons there was also how to empty the mask if there is water.. will the water go to ears? or there is a non return valve? this is my main question :)

cgf,

I have used the Pro Ear mask for a couple of years. You can evacuate water from the mask same as you do with any other mask. Push the top against your forehead and pull the bottom of the mask away from your face slightly, then exhale.

The earcups can be evacuated the same way. Push in the top, pull out the bottom. The equalizing tubes run from the top outer corners of the mask to the upper part of earcups.

If you have a leaking earcup you most likely folded the outer skirt or didn't gather your ear sufficiently inside the inner skirt of the earcup. It is also possible to disconnect the air tube and that can cause leaking as well.

I've been looking into buying a ProEar Mask before my dive trip next month, I'm pretty sure they will help me with my ear problems I've been having over the years. The thing I'm noticing is that there are two different ProEar 2000 masks, one by IST for like $70 and another that is just ProEar2000 for like $180.... I can't tell the difference, can anyone offer any insight??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom