Pro ear mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diverking

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all,

I had some problems with my ears not too long ago, which I nearly got rid of. I say nearly because I still have this awful hum in my head, which I think will stay for good :(

Thing is I've learnt to be more careful and I'm always worried of things like cold water getting in my ears. So I came across this mask on scubatoys.com and thought it might help.

Anyone out there using it? Is it any good or just another marketing artifact?

Thanks!

Hello all,

I had some problems with my ears not too long ago, which I nearly got rid of. I say nearly because I still have this awful hum in my head, which I think will stay for good :(

Thing is I've learnt to be more careful and I'm always worried of things like cold water getting in my ears. So I came across this mask on scubatoys.com and thought it might help.

Anyone out there using it? Is it any good or just another marketing artifact?

Thanks!

My son has used this mask successfully for a number of years. He has been diving for years and has had sinus problems and the mask seems to helps him with clearing. Also there are other posts regarding this mask as well. I think most if not all have been positive.

The mask does take a little getting used to and you will find that the sound is magnified a lot. If you buy a mask be sure and get a small wrench and routinely check the small open nuts that secure the tubes to top of the mask seal. This happened to my son and of course his mask flooded and he had to end to dive. This might have been unusual but perhaps a drop or two of Lock Tite would do the same thing.

I have used the Pro Ear mask for a bit over year now (40+dives) and have been very happy with it.

The lower edge of the mask, under my nose, was a little thin. Sort of have to push the mask up against my nose for a good seal. I have a beard with medium short hair which don't cause sealing issues. You sort of gather your ears into the earcups. There's an inner cup wall and an outer skirt. You can purge your earcups just like you do with a flooded mask.

If you use a hood you have two options. Pro Ear offers a hood with an inner layer that has earcup holes and an outer layer. Or you can cut earcup holes in a standard hood. The earcups insulate your ears and you are exhaling warm air into the earcups as well.

It will muffle your surface hearing. I have found it very comfortable in colder water. On a dive week I simply no longer get ear issues. IMO equalizing is easier.

my brother has used one for the past three years....he had tubes in his ears 9 times as a child......the pro-ears have worked great for him.....he took and put them on his cressi-sub big eyes mask, that way he has his favorite mask as well as the pro-ears.
i am thinking about putting some on my mask just to keep them dry during diving, even though i have no ear problems.

:confused:How do you put a pro ear on a big eye :confused:

Thanks guys! This has been really helpful. In fact, I think I'll buy one. I really want to avoid further problems with my ears that could put an end to my diving altogether, God forbids!

Back
Top Bottom