Pro Dive Cairns - Adv Course?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

forestfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Has anyone done the PADI advanced course with Pro Dive Cairns?

My husband and I will be in Australia the second half of November 2005, and are thinking of doing a 3day/2night liveaboard. These will be our first dives after OW certification, and we are thinking that doing the Advanced Course would be a wise move (guided dives, less nervousness with more training, etc.). Plus, I really want to take U/W photos, and this would give me the opportunity (with guidance).

Also, will I roast in a 3mm full wettie in this location in November?

forestfish:
Has anyone done the PADI advanced course with Pro Dive Cairns?

My husband and I will be in Australia the second half of November 2005, and are thinking of doing a 3day/2night liveaboard. These will be our first dives after OW certification, and we are thinking that doing the Advanced Course would be a wise move (guided dives, less nervousness with more training, etc.). Plus, I really want to take U/W photos, and this would give me the opportunity (with guidance).

Also, will I roast in a 3mm full wettie in this location in November?

Hello! Well, I just came back from a VERY long vacation and I did my OW through Pro-dive Cairns. I did the liveaboard and it was FABULOUS. I mean, the weather wasn't so wonderful but the diving was great and the crew and other divers were really a riot. Just a word of advice, if you get seasick and maybe if you don't think you will, I would definately take something. The ride out was pretty rough with 8 meter waves. I had taken kwells, but some of the people doing my course were really really sick the entire time. Just something to think about!

The water was 24C in August. Yes, I was shivering some but we were doing our skills and not moving around a whole lot so I was cold. I am sure the water will be nice in November.

There were a few people doing their advanced course. There was a night dive and of course many other dives as well (9 total I think). It was well worth the money I paid. (I did my advanced in Thailand...much cheaper....)

So, all in all, I loved Pro-dive. They are a very safe company and very organized. Good group. Enjoy!!!!

i havent done the course but i did do the liveaboard. Nice boat, great crew and superb food. we dived milln & flynn reefs. beautiful pristine reefs and very few other dive boats. the water is warm but a full wetsuit will protect you from coral cuts/scrapes
i used a 5mm full wetsuit.

Is Cod hole a MUST DO? I am planning a 3nts liveaboard and any recommended operator are welcome.

Thx

soya:
Is Cod hole a MUST DO? I am planning a 3nts liveaboard and any recommended operator are welcome.

Thx

Hello. Well, I just happened to pick up this brochure from the hostel that I stayed in Cairns. It just kept catching my eye everytime I would walk into the reception area where all of the trips/tours were located.

It's by a company called Taka. I've heard good recommendations from it. They do the Cod Hole and Coral Sea. The boat looks fantastic from the brochure...very comfortable.

They have a 4 day 3 nights (3 days diving) with the Cod Hole and the Northern Great Barrier Reef or there is a 5 days/4nights with the Cod Hole and Coral Sea (shark feed I think). Pretty cool looking.

You can look at www.takadive.com.au for more details if you wish.

Again, I didn't get to do it but I would like to have done it. It just takes a little longer to get out there seeing how it does go to the farthest part of the G.B.R. But then again, that also means LESS divers which is a plus.

Happy hunting!

i did cole hole with taka dive. Its a great dive but i wouldnt call it a must see. we also went to osprey reef in the coral sea, now that was a must see. The open water crossing to osprey was rough, it was just after cyclone ingrid though. The biat, crew and food was fantastic. I had a great time

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom