Private vs regular group lessons

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I totally get that! And agree with it. Overall though I feel like I’d learn better by myself. How would I find a DM to dive with?

Once certified. You go to or call a shop in the area you want to dive and ask if you can hire a DM as a guide/ buddy. Very common in warmer areas but you also see it up here.

Feel free to state them even though I’m well aware it’s different, maybe even the polar opposite. I was joking. Lol

I know I was too. Mine is getting over pneumonia.

Pmeumonia sucks bad, I had it when I was younger & had to go to the hospital I think. Miserable. I hope you’re feeling better!

Mostly know it's time to start getting back in shape. I have to wait a few more weeks for an x-ray prior to diving again.

Oh no that’s not what I’m concerned about. I’m concerned about not being able to learn period, like I’m just incapable
I don’t want to sound cliche, but I think almost anyone can eventually pass the open water class barring medical conditions/phobias/extreme circumstances.

If you don’t pass on the first try, just address the issues and you’ll be able to meet the requirements.

However make sure you can do the swim test before to register for the class.

I’m concerned about not being able to learn period, like I’m just incapable
I was a career educator. I firmly believe that the biggest difference between the higher achieving students and the lower achieving students is confidence. Some students begin new learning with the confidence that if they simply put in the normal time and effort, they will succeed. Other students totally defeat themselves from the start with "I can't do this!" messages playing so loudly in their minds that they cannot even begin to think.

I have never met you, but a lifetime in the classroom and in scuba instruction tells me you can do it--you just have to believe it yourself first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom