Private Dive Boats

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

be44f776207eca17cf63c55bfada9266--my-job-boating.jpg

What do you feel the best features, set ups or configurations are for a 36' dive boat? Must haves so to say.

Dive ladder, swimstep, freshwater shower, marine head, tank racks, O2, cabin to get out of the elements, windlass, caribiners for cameras, GPS, fishfinder, VHF radio, as much deck space as you can get and benches.

I have a 25.5 C-Dory Tomcat. This is my setup;

Dive_ladder.jpg

Merry_admiring_her_baby.jpg

Roll_Control_1.jpg

Picture_002.jpg

NoPressureDSC_0642.jpg

Last edited:
Nice.

Very nice, just a note a boat setup though, back when I owned a boat I always had a bouy on the end of the anchor line or able to be clipped to the end of the anchor line. That way if we had to move in a hurry we could just let go of the anchor and come back to pick it up later. If you have diver in trouble or even just drifting down current trying to get a jammed pick up can be very time consuming

Compressor is nice.
Adequate cooler space for food drinks and any harvest.
Sat phone if travelling far offshore.
Stove to heat water in cold weather or in case of lionfish sting.

What features, configurations or set ups are a must have on a 36' dive boat?

A lot depends on your location. In S. FL Center console's are the preferred vessel. Smaller than 25 puts many limitations on activities. 25' or Larger suits most needs. Lots of deck space, versatile for other uses. Must haves for me? Not in any order.... Armstrong Engine Bracket and Swing Ladder, Twin Screens for simultaneous GPS and Bottom finder. Roll Control Tank Holders, Stowage and access for Dive Gear, Spear Guns, Snares & Sticks. 50' Buoyed Rope and years of Local Knowledge.

The greenstick is gone,compressor is where the blue barrel is.the Fish box is removeable when not doing commercial trips.
Boats like this are available far more affordably than you'd think.My other boat, a 20' CC cost about the same when new.

...I have a 25.5 C-Dory Tomcat. This is my setup;
WOW !! Really nice setup. The cat hull takes the chop easy, the cabin keeps you warm and the redundancy with the sweet Honda married couple !!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom