Prins Willem V - Need Help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveNav

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi,
we have virtual dive sites for wrecks in California, Florida, Cozumel and Canada and now are developing the virtual dive site for the Prins Willem V.
We have purchased the plans and are now designing the 3D model.

PIC_0006.jpg

We will keep this thread updated with our progresses.

We would really appreciate if you could help us with this project by providing:
- Ship photos and/or video showing significant features (ship damage, control tower, propellers, etc.)
- Photos and/or videos of plaques placed(Preferably legible)
- Photos and/or videos of holes cut out for diver access (if any)
- Photos and/or video close up of hull to see the growing plant life covering the hull
- Photos and/or video of the sea floor
- Photos and/or video of the coastline above water
- Photos/names of marine life commonly seen around the ship
- GPS coordinates for the bow and stern
- Location and images of buoys/descent lines
- The maximum depth of the site

Thank You

Alberto

This sounds like a very cool project. I will be diving this wreck on Sunday I have been on it many times and its still on of my favorites. I was considering taking video but maybe pictures. I am planning on penetrating the wreck and get some pics inside. If the is anything that would help just let me know my E-mail is Larsonbob@comcast.net.

This sounds like a very cool project. I will be diving this wreck on Sunday I have been on it many times and its still on of my favorites. I was considering taking video but maybe pictures. I am planning on penetrating the wreck and get some pics inside. If the is anything that would help just let me know my E-mail is Larsonbob@comcast.net.

Thank You very much :D

I sent you an email

AM

Which charter are you taking? Len Der?

I believe that the Mai Tai is a sailboat dive operation.

There should be LOTS of video, photo's, etc for this wreck, since it is probably the most popular dive site in Wisconsin. I believe there are memorial plaques on the boat for those that died while diving it.

The Mai Tai is a sailboat. I was out w/ the owner of the boat - who was captaining another charter boat Shipwreck Explorers boat - on Wednesday looking for the fireboat and then hooking up to the Len Der and diving the Willie. The captain is a very friendly guy - very helpful and is a diver as well. The Mai Tai looked like a great boat and the shop we get the charters through may end up using it and the capt. in August when Jitka takes her boat up to Lake Superior.

On the topic of the thread - I've got some video I shot of it and am diving it again this Saturday (if the plan holds). Once I get around to processing it I'll give you guys a shout!

Conditions were quite good, vis was at least as good as when we dove it in the middle of June. Bottom temp was still 42F. The lake was the roughest it's been in my 3 dives this summer with I'd guess 1-3' waves. So it wasn't very rough.

Last edited:
.....On the topic of the thread - I've got some video I shot of it and am diving it again this Saturday (if the plan holds). Once I get around to processing it I'll give you guys a shout!....

Thank You very much

Alberto

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom