Princess of the Orient Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Man, I wish I was I could be there! I'd love to do a LOB with you guys! And that price isn't that bad... Honnetsly... I saw 48000 pesos for 4 days while I was in Sabang...

man, I need a vacation... In the Philippines...

PS, yes I will be doing a trip report eventually... But man do I have a lot to say... :shakehead:

Are you sure of the price? That is really cheap!! That price doesn't seem right....hmmm

I stand corrected, it's 25k for Rags II to Apo. Sorry about that gents.

Okay...there ya go. I thought it was off just a bit. Hey, it's diving who cares how much it costs?!?!?!?

Well, a company I'm involved with has found a wreck we plan to film for TV. It was on its way home to Japan after the Battle of Leyte when it was sunk. Can't say more but it will be VERY interesting...

From Rebreather World...

Date with a princess
On Sunday and Monday a group of friends and divers dived The Princess of the Orient here in the Philippines. A long awaited treat for all of us.
She is 200m long and 26m wide. 13 700 ton. She is on her port side and the wreck start at 100m. She sank 1998 in the storm Vicki and took over 200 souls with her. She is to this date the biggest ferry ever to traffic Philippino waters.
The dives ranged in depth and time but the longest bottom time was around 15 minutes and the deepest depth recorded 126m. Total run times were just over 3 hrs. The bow was visited and filmed for the very first time.

The divers were
Roger Ingebo - Pelagian DCCCR
- La Laguna Beach Club La Laguna Beach Club & Dive Centre Philippines

Paul Neilson - KISS
- Mandarin Divers Mandarin Divers - Hong Kong

Mike Taylor - Open Circuit
- Atlantis Diving Philippines - Atlantis Dive Resorts, Dumaguete and Puerto Galera, Philippines

Matt Reed - Open Cirquit
- Atlantis Diving Philippines - Atlantis Dive Resorts, Dumaguete and Puerto Galera, Philippines

Support
Karl Jakobsson
Ross Hemingway
Mikael Junes

Pics by
Dennis Champ

Set up, expertise and know how
Frank Doyle and staff from La Laguna Beach Club Puerto Galera onboard Rags II La Laguna Beach Club & Dive Centre Philippines

Many thanks to everyone that made this happen!
Thoughts go to Mark Tuttle who got sick and missed the dives. There is always next time, mate!

/QUOTE]

Date with a princess - Rebreather World

Back
Top Bottom