Prices of dives in the Philippines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

citrinette

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
yeah, this is rather general, but unfortunately I haven't been able to find any reference to the average prices of adventure dives in the Philippines. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect?

Thanks!

I've been paying $20-$30 per dive pretty much everywhere I have been. More often than not, it's $20 or just a touch above.
Z...

Fun dives in the Philippines range from $18 US to $28 US (with weight, 80 cf tank/12 l tank, boat, boatman, diveguide). I can tell you from firsthand experience that the lower the price the lower the quality of gear, boat, and guide service you will receive. Some operators add an additional charge if the dive site X minutes away. Best thing to do is ask the members here who they like and you will not go wrong. Live to dive, dive to live!

Also check with the dive shops as some of them will offer additional discounts for multiple dives, e.g. 10 or more dives x%, and so on...

Yeah we were thinking of trying to get a deal on multiple dives. I don't know if it's possible to get unlimited dives for a certain price... an ideas?

unlimited dives are offered on liveaboards (Apo Reef, Tubbataha) and some resorts (Dive n Trek, Anilao) that have house reefs. In Coron, Discovery Divers has an offer of unlimited dives but I was only able to squeeze in 4 dives a day at different locations (maybe more is doable if you just dive one location). You could ask the resort you'll be staying at if they have that option. Sometimes they throw that extra amenity in for just the house reef (assuming they have one). In some places you don't pay per dive (anilao), but rather you have the option of paying for what you use (dive guide, boat, weights, dive pass...).

unfortunately you'll get a very broad answer if asking "what are the prices of dives in the Philippines": you can pay as low as $17/dive and as high as $30/dive depending on where you go to dive in the PI and what dive operation you go with. Overall, you'll get more bang for your buck in the Philippines since food and accomodations can be cheap.

I think it would be better to state what kind of traveller are you (do you mind spartan or do you want luxury?) and what kind of diving you'd like to do. Even what your budget is and how long you'd like to stay. All of us in the PPD have different things we look for when we choose dive resorts and operations, which will influence the price of our dives.

I posted an answer for you in your other thread here http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/philippine-paradise-divers/216730-bantayan-philippines-diving.html.

really now?!:11: where?

Oh! I can take you to a couple of dive ops in Buyong Mactan where this is true :eyebrow:

Yeah we were thinking of trying to get a deal on multiple dives. I don't know if it's possible to get unlimited dives for a certain price... an ideas?

You could probably negotiate that kind of deal. I did on one trip but that ended up not being a good thing though. We had some lost dives due to weather. I ended up extending my stay in order to finish up a course. The owner of the shop charged me for the dives on the extra days, saying that they were not responsible for the weather. I know the deal was set up based on my diving at least 4 dives a day. I felt that they decided to take advantge of the weather situation to make extra profit off of me.

Now I go with negotiating a price based on how many dives I expect to make. If I were going to negotiate "unlimited" diving I would make sure up front that there were "minimum" number of dives with that package with a reduction in price in the event that unforseen circumstances prevented you from making all your dives. It's important to make sure and ask lot's of questions and do not assume anything.

A lot of places will discount based on how many dives you are doing. I've paid as low as 750 pesos a dive and as high as $25. Most places are going to charge extra for night dives, nitrox, etc...

Back
Top Bottom