Prices for used gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pedronf

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

A friend of mine is not using some of his gear and he asked me if I wanted to take it.

It's an Oceanic Flex BCD and a pair of Mares Avanti Quattro. Everything is on a very good condition.

Can anyone suggest a good price for each one of these things?
I know what's their regular price but I have no idea of how much they worth after usage.

We're not arguing about the prices... we just have no idea.

Thanks

Pricing anything used can be a bit of a challenge (I know, I sell used auto parts).

Do what I do when I'm conducting my business. Ask the other party what they want for it and see how close they come to what you are thinking.

If he responds, "I don't know, just name a number", then make an offer of your own. Since you already know of the new price, offer him something in the 40-60% range of new. 50% would be fair to both parties, but if you're feeling generous, then offer 60%

You can always use E-bay as a guide....but remeber of course that some of the prices paid on E-bay are sometimes nearly as much as they would have paid if the bought it new.......;-)

Small stuff 50% if it is in good shape

Cars/Boats/ATV/Real Estate-- there are much better guidelines

My husband's nice but old used fins were $25; the used BC a freind sold me was $100. See what he says to that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom