Price for used twin 80s with manifold and band?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are LP 80s with -6 pounds (each) at 500PSI. I'm not too worried about that.

As far as the price, I ended up doing $350 cash, and since he's an instructor and I'm a DM, I offered to work a few pool/ocean sessions for free. No more cash out of each other's pockets, he gets help, and since I really enjoy working with classes, it works out well for both of us.

New, the gear was probably about $800-850, and it's all in great shape. I think this amount was pretty fair.

Oh wait... he's an instructor... *that* changes everything. :wink:

LOL... he probably got a good deal on them to begin with himself. You know all these DM's and instructors... :wink:

LOL

Enjoy the tanks!

They are LP 80s with -6 pounds (each) at 500PSI. I'm not too worried about that.

Yup theses are the bricks. They are around -12 each when full which is -24 doubled, By the time you kit it with bands, manifold, BP, regs, etc. you are easily easily -40. Nice singles but I like to stay a little more buoyant when using doubles.

Actually, the older PST LP 80's are great "intro/shallow or 1 dive" doubles. Same size as the newer E-7 100's, but rated to 2640 psi. When the E-7's were introduced, PST had a super clearance on these and they could be purchased new for well under $175 each. I think dealer cost was around $95. At $800-$850 somebody got taken. The $350 you payed is probably fair, but not a super deal by any means considering their age, so don't feel guilty. I have a few friends that have them doubled up and they love them. Enjoy them! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom