Prettiest Florida cave?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Can anyone please answer my first post? I am eagered to know where is Little River? I did the search, not much info came out online.

Thanks both of you! :)

Bonnet and P1 back toward Woody's Room. But I like it small and silty where utmost care must be taken not to destroy the place.

PerroneFord:
Yes, I did mean Madison Blue...

Ever since reading the story in the NACD magazine, I've wanted to dive it. I was up there about a month ago in the cavern, but could go no further at the time. It should be a fun system to work for the next half a year or so.

I did the first 800ft or so of JB last fall and thought it was quite pretty. But I was under a lot of stress at the time as I was in class. It will be nice to see again without all the stress.

Er.....
OK , like what's wrong here?
You wanna dive Madison?
Give me a shout !!! :rofl3:

My vote goes to Madison.... :D
The Monkey room on the Godzie circuit , when Madison is crackling blue is like , er ... JUST AWESOME BEYOND BELIEF sometimes.

But I just love em all...
Each one has it's own personality , in my little book.

Andy:
Glad you enjoyed the Jungle-Gym yesterday ... :D
Next time , it's up the Serpentine and down the Merry-go-round.

Jeano Beano

JimC:
back toward Woody's Room. But I like it small and silty where utmost care must be taken not to destroy the place.

You must have been diver#1,because diver #2 will only feel nylon line and the occasional jet fin to the head.

Little River, the Merry-go-round area and shorcut. The serpentine tunnels there are really cool. That huge room at the sink in Teleford is nice. Can't beat Ginnie for stunningly clear water and some really nice rock.

You know, honestly, I have loved all the caves I have been in in FL (which are all I've been in). Even though Peacock III only had about 25' vis on the day we were in it, the plummit in Hensley's castle was spectacular. Madison Blue was really nice the day we were there, and even though I have been in Peacock I the most, its still really pretty.

karstdvr:
You must have been diver#1,because diver #2 will only feel nylon line and the occasional jet fin to the head.

Coming out made me feel like I was back home cave diving. Honestly, I much prefer silty, tight places that make you question your sanity over crystal clear, big passage complete with hand, fin and face prints. :/

Probably why I enjoy diving up here so much. There just simply isn't the traffic or easy access and everything is pristine. I know there is oodles of that stuff in Florida.. but being a non-resident and only vacationing down there provides very little exposure. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom