Pressure gauge

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I did not find a search on pressure guages to test the pressure in your tank.

I was wondering if anyone has made, or knows how to make, a pressure guage to test the pressure in your tank.

I looks like you could use and old yoke from a pawn shop, a bleeding tube, and then a guage.

Looks simple, but you know what happens to people who think things look simple.

Also is it cost effective? I researched new ones, and they price out at about $70.00 each.

murphdivers286:
Also is it cost effective? I researched new ones, and they price out at about $70.00 each.
I also like DIY but nothing is going to convince me that there is anything to be gained by building my own pressure gauge.
Supposing you can build one to a safe standard you're going to have to safety test it at well above working pressure, calibrate it across the working range and cyclically test it enough times to prove that the Bourden tube or whatever other mechanical device you use is not subject to fatigue.
Pick up a used reg complete on ebay. Many people have 2 or 3 old 1st stages in my junk box (I do).

murphdivers286:
I did not find a search on pressure guages to test the pressure in your tank.

I was wondering if anyone has made, or knows how to make, a pressure guage to test the pressure in your tank.

I looks like you could use and old yoke from a pawn shop, a bleeding tube, and then a guage.

Looks simple, but you know what happens to people who think things look simple.

You can pick up a gauge from a welding shop, ask for one that is O2 safe, preferably life support rated.

Cost effective? I dunno, but yeah, it's as simple as it looks as long as you're comfortable working with plumbing that if put together wrong can take your hand off. :wink:

Guess I lucked out, THe guy I bought my regs from use to own a Dive shop, He threw in a tester with the set, along with a bunch of other stuff....
but it looks like a old yoke with a bleed on it, then a gauge.

later
Ken

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom