Present and Ongoing upgrades...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Chairman

Chairman of the Board
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
It has been a long time since we have updated/upgraded our forum software. Much of the problem has been with deprecated support for some of our more popular features. We've been patient, and with the minimal amount of progress, we realize that support is just not going to happen. So, it's time we migrated our software to the next generation and so there will be a few features that will be eliminated on Monday to facilitate this.

The most popular one to be eliminated will be our "thanks" module, which has already had it's replacement installed. Others have to do with internal workings and I doubt that you will notice them. This will give the transition team the time to clean the database while they are developing the new look and feel.

Time line? We don't know yet. There will be a long time between what we are doing Monday and any additional changes. We will be working off of a dev server that will be connected to a copy of the db that we will be updating daily. We have some exciting projects going concurrently with this new platform, so hold on to your socks!

Hey, we know that change is painful for a few, and we want to minimize that pain as much as possible. To that end, we will be alerting you to the changes before they happen as much as is humanly possible.

:thumb:

Do I "like" this, or "thank" this? :idk:

:popcorn:

It's a good thing nobody is messing with the LIKES total at the top here :D

Anyway to style the "Liked" bar to be where the thanked bar is? Floating above the signature just looks off. Not to mention the appearing/disappearing links.

Just a note, since I don't know if it matters to you or not, but the current thanks implementation works with JavaScript turned off while the "Like" implementation does not.

Have at it Doc !!! Make it happen !!!
We're with ya all the way.

the K

Reactions: Jax
I always thought the "thanks" was a good way to acknowledge someone instead of having to reply... Not real sure how the "likes" will play out...

Thanks and likes play the same vital role here on ScubaBoard. With no ongoing support for the thanks button (It's ironic, doncha think?) it will pass out of ScubaBoard existence.

As for the high number of "Likes" for my thread... to err is human, to really foul things up requires the use of a computer.

Back
Top Bottom