Prescription Lenses for existing mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CT-Rich

Contributor
Reaction score
I have been using a Deep See Omni mask with readers for about five years. I decided recently to get a new prescription mask for my current prescription (top and bottom). I tried about twenty masks at the shop and did not like any of them. I found my current mask that fits perfectly is still available online and I ordered a new one. Are there companies that will add a custom prescriptions to this mask if I send it to them? I am located in the US.

Having just gone through learning about prescription masks, I found seethesearx.com and Sea Vision USA as well. However someone in my thread on this mentioned that Sea Vision was only focusing on their own mask models for now. Worth a call, their service with me so far has been great.

I ended up having the LDS send out the mask to have the lenses bonded into them. When I looked at the cost of sending the mask out (over $310 versus having them do it, i decided the $40 dollars save wasn’t really worth it. They will get it right and I won’t spend a couple of hours researching and checking to make sure is done right and then mailing it etc... thanks for the input

I ended up having the LDS send out the mask to have the lenses bonded into them. When I looked at the cost of sending the mask out (over $310 versus having them do it, i decided the $40 dollars save wasn’t really worth it. They will get it right and I won’t spend a couple of hours researching and checking to make sure is done right and then mailing it etc... thanks for the input
I hope it works out for you. I did this with my first prescription mask and the lenses delaminated after two dive trips. It was over a year later so my LDS wouldn't do anything about it (that was also the last time I set foot in the place). Since then I've used prescriptiondivemasks.com and been very happy.

There are very specific personal measurements required for lenses in you mask. Did you make them before sending off the mask?

For those down under or closer to Aus than US... https://prescription-dive.myshopify.com/cart
I ordered a Mask with a pretty decent strength. Has worked perfectly on 10 84f dives now, with an max depth avg of 100ft-120ft. I had tried the film versions TUSA had at my LDS.. did not even last a dive/ clean cycle before it just looked like crap. LDS said the warm water of our area the film scripts never last.

Customer service is also on point. I was very much a needy customer.. asking just shy of 200 questions BEFORE ordering, and another 100 after..... and another 20 after I got the mask. The point of contact for customer reps couldn't have been friendlier.

The shop marked my pupillary distance on the mask when the sent it out and it went with a photo copy of the prescription. I have had readers in my old masks, but this is my first go at getting a full bifocal prescription. My distance vision isn’t horrific, but I am always wondering, is it the water or is it me?

I hope it is worth it. My regular dive buddy heard I was thinking of getting a prescription mask and bought one for himself. He lucked out and was able to get what he need for just over half of what mine are costing and think they are great. A gee, why didn’t I think of this a long time ago, moment.

I sent my mask off to Leonard Maggiore Opticians with great results. Sent mask to them along with a picture of my face holding a ruler across my eyes, including prescription.

HOME

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom