Pregnant and my husband - Where to dive and sleep?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They don't want to leave the US.
I guess it is not US, but it is so beautiful they may change their mind 😂 and there is probably a non-stop flight from NYC and, I suspect, water is warmer than anywhere in US in April :)

I guess it is not US, but it is so beautiful they may change their mind 😂 and there is probably a non-stop flight from NYC and, I suspect, water is warmer than anywhere in US in April :)

She does not want to be out of the US for medical reasons.

She does not want to be out of the US for medical reasons.
Bummer. Sorry. singer island it is.

Guys thank you so much, I'm going to Google and explore all your suggestions. I really appreciate the help!

And yes unfortunately it has to be inside the US. Luckily we had 20 years of traveling all over the world before this little one comes.

Puerto Rico is a U S territory so no passport required. You could find a midwife to assist if you go into labor early, but there are plenty of decent hospitals. Even on the west side like Rincon with their laid back vibe there are good medical services and only 20 minute ride to a major hospital in Mayaguez just south of there. There are also midwife services directly in Rincon and a good clinic.
Great beaches, great nightlife and restaurants, and some easy shore or boat diving, and snorkeling in the area. Cheap vrbo's up to million dollar mansions available from around $600-700 week. Other services and supplies about the same cost in US mainland.

Guys thank you so much, I'm going to Google and explore all your suggestions. I really appreciate the help!

And yes unfortunately it has to be inside the US. Luckily we had 20 years of traveling all over the world before this little one comes.

B’sha’ah tovah!

Have you considered Hawaii? Too long a flight? I love the Singer Island area and I've spent a lot of time there, but with 9 days you can get a solid week in Hawaii, stay in the US, and have breathtakingly beautiful area to explore. It's not cheap, but it's worth it.

Puerto Rico is a U S territory so no passport required. You could find a midwife to assist if you go into labor early, but there are plenty of decent hospitals. Even on the west side like Rincon with their laid back vibe there are good medical services and only 20 minute ride to a major hospital in Mayaguez just south of there. There are also midwife services directly in Rincon and a good clinic.
Great beaches, great nightlife and restaurants, and some easy shore or boat diving, and snorkeling in the area. Cheap vrbo's up to million dollar mansions available from around $600-700 week. Other services and supplies about the same cost in US mainland.
I read it out loud to my husband, still no go :)
But thank you!

Have you considered Hawaii? Too long a flight? I love the Singer Island area and I've spent a lot of time there, but with 9 days you can get a solid week in Hawaii, stay in the US, and have breathtakingly beautiful area to explore. It's not cheap, but it's worth it.
Thank you so much, yes I've considered (And reconsidered) But I don't think I can survive 11 hours flight.

I have been exploring Singer beach and while it does look beautiful, the accommodation is not what I was hoping for. I was imagining a simple resort by the water, nothing too fancy, no huge hotels. Something with a tropical vibe. Am I dreaming to find something like this? In a reasonable price (max 300 dollars a night)?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom