Preferred on line dive shop?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ontwreckdiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I'm new to ordering gear on line and I need a pair of boots that are only available from scuba.com or divers-supply.com. I am familiar with scuba.com (Leisure Pro). What is your experience with divers-supply. Do you recommend one over the other.

I'm a deep6gear.com & divegearexpress.com guy. As someone wisely told me, if they don't have it, you probably don't need it! (except for rebreathers). I've used both those sites, but not extensively. Experience was normal. Never any issues.

Dive gear express Home - Official Site

You can also check out Amazon. My LDS isn't in the habit of ordering neoprene right now so I found my size and ordered there. If they hadn't fit then I'd return for free and order a better size.

I've shopped with both and they're decent. LeisurePro has a generous return policy. Last I heard LeisurePro was doing free shipping on tanks which was nice.

divers-supply

They have been around forever and have several stores. Their owners are experts in what they do. What I know about them is all good.

Dive gear express Home - Official Site

You can also check out Amazon. My LDS isn't in the habit of ordering neoprene right now so I found my size and ordered there. If they hadn't fit then I'd return for free and order a better size.

To be fair, I'm pretty certain most dive shops are having a hell of a time keeping neoprene products in stock (or just getting them at all from the manufacturers). Also could be a local shop thing but I know all the ones around me have very low stock/variety.

To the OP, I most use DGX, deep6, paragon, scuba.com, and amazon are the big ones. House of scuba has a big online presence but they are local to me so it's just easier.

Eh, Dive Gear Express, out of Florida and the inanely-named Scuba Toys, out of Texas, for their seasonal deals -- about 30% off many list prices on nicer regulators and equipment around Christmastime (they're also known for fast repairs, in a pinch). So too, Diver's Supply, out of Georgia.

Supply-chain issues still abound for many.

In the EU, I have regularly dealt with Taucherquelle, out of Freiburg im Breisgau; and Der TauchShop, in Oldenburg, Germany, which also has a presence on eBay . . .

Scuba.com shows in stock status. They had a weird sized wetsuit I needed earlier in the summer. I’d go with them.

I personally use, and recommend, these vendors:

- Deep6 for the things they make: regs, fins, used to make wetsuits. I haven't tried the computers but I understand that they are good. www.deep6gear.com

- MAKO for the things they make: weight belts, lead pinch weights, masks, snorkels. I haven't tried the wetsuits or the dive flags, but they're both supposed to be good. www.makospearguns.com

- SeaSkin for drysuits, and drysuit accessories like drygloves, undergarments, P-valves, etc. They make high quality custom drysuits at a great price point. www.seaskin.co.uk

- DGX for just about everything else: BP/Ws, lights, computers boltsnaps, reels, STAs, DSMBs, tanks, cutting tools, parts, hoses, SPGs, compasses... honestly, you name it, they've probably got it at a good price. They also make a lot of their own stuff. Customer service is excellent, free shipping for orders over $100. www.divegearexpress.com

Back
Top Bottom