Preferred method of name on tanks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Another option are the 3" reflective stickers with your initials on the tank. You can get them from home depot for a buck or so for each letter. The down side is they will most likely be removed for visuals and get chewed up if you tumble your tank. New stickers are cheap, but a sharpie just needs a touch up every now and then. So either will work.

I have always believed that boots on a tank are a waste. Trap water and crud. May snag on lines and such underwater or on vegetation.
Al tanks don't need them. Steels may for filling so they stand up easier.

But aside from filling singles all my boots are easy off. Once filled they get put aside til.next time. Sharpie on the crown of the tanks. Easier to see than a name on the boot that whoever is handling the tanks may need to lift and turn to see who it belongs to.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I have always believed that boots on a tank are a waste. Trap water and crud. May snag on lines and such underwater or on vegetation.
Al tanks don't need them. Steels may for filling so they stand up easier.

Some tanks (Mine are like this) are round on the bottom. You can't stand them up without a boot.

This thread gave me an idea. I just ordered a custom 4"x4" "bumper sticker" from some website with my name on it to go on my tank. It was only about $2, I'm curious how it will turn out.

All of my steels are rounded. Still no boot except when they are getting filled. For diving the boots come off. At home they are safer laying down anyway. Cats can't knock em over. Since mine (tanks) live in my bedroom, kitchen, and living room, and the cats have the run of the house it makes more sense to store them that way.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I paint fish and other things on my tanks with Acrylic paint, fun and no one thinks they are theirs.

I paint fish and other things on my tanks with Acrylic paint, fun and no one thinks they are theirs.

Have you had any problem with that when you go to get your tanks inspected?

No, why do you think I would?

I was not sure. I thought I read something about that. I don't have my own tanks yet so I know nothing. How big are your paintings? Can I see one?

I cant think of anything that the paint might do, it is basically plastic after it dries, it is water based and I do not forsee anything detrimental on an aluminum tank and my steel tanks are already painted so the acrylic on protects the paint a little.
I have no pictures, I am not really an artist only play one on TV.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom